PDA

View Full Version : SOLD FS: Pelikan M1000 with 18C Broad and 18C Medium nibs

mhosea
March 1st, 2015, 08:03 PM
I have for sale a Pelikan M1000 Black with gold trim in box with papers. It comes with BOTH an 18C Broad nib and an 18C Medium nib. The pen is in excellent condition with no cracks or gouges. I've cleaned it thoroughly and re-lubricated the piston for you.

I'm selling because I find this pen a little too large for my taste.

Both nibs are very smooth. The Broad nib is a "fire hose", and it doesn't always want to write at first when you touch it to slick paper. (I've seen the same behavior in some review videos, so perhaps it is a common thing with the M1000.) Note that the Broad nib has a slight imperfection near the grip section along the right edge. There is a slight "wave" along the edge, and it is pictured. You might not have noticed as it is, and I suspect a few seconds of expert attention from a nibmeister with a nib block would erase it.

The 18C Medium nib I purchased new just recently. It's also quite wet, but it is much more of a normal sort of thing, and it has been pretty reliable at starting up.

I have been mulling over sending these nibs to Mike Masuyama for adjustment and raising the price as a result, but this is not ideal because I would then not be the one actually using the pen. Maybe you want it wet, or maybe you want it much dryer, or maybe you want the Broad ground to a stub or a Naginata Togi or whatever. Seems like you should have the chance to snag these before they go to Mike, so here's your chance.

I paid $700 for this setup, used pen with broad nib and new medium nib from missing-pen.de. I'm asking $617.50 shipped and insured to the Continental US destinations.

I am not offering shipping to international destinations at this time. Maybe later. Also, if you're interested in just one of the nibs without the pen or the other nib, we can talk, but let's leave the whole package up for sale for a little while first.

lowks
March 1st, 2015, 11:54 PM
Breathtaking photos of the pen. :)

mhosea
March 2nd, 2015, 09:26 AM
Breathtaking photos of the pen. :)

Thanks.

I assume you are referring to the nib shots taken with the digital microscope. It's only a $35 thing (shipped!), but it works well for this purpose and for examining nib tipping material. Too bad it doesn't zoom out enough to fit the whole nib in view.

The whole-pen shots all suffer from the lack of a light box, and the effect of the flash, but one nice feature emerged that was entirely accidental. The flash made the blue "swoosh" on the Pelikan booklet pop, and it just happens that the swoosh appears to emanate from the feed of the pen and travel to the feed of the other nib unit.

mhosea
March 3rd, 2015, 06:25 PM
Not really sold, but no longer available at this point. These are on their way to Mike Masuyama. I'm having the broad ground to a stub.