PDA

View Full Version : How to DELETE PM messages ?

Cyber6
March 2nd, 2015, 03:39 PM
I received a message that I am close to 90% in my message inbox. Is asking me to archive or delete.

I have no issues deleting some of my messages... But HOW???

I cannot seem to find a way... no checkboxes, or delete/archive button anywhere.

HELP!!!

Thanks,

C.

Chrissy
March 2nd, 2015, 03:44 PM
You only have the option to delete all of them, but they don't actually disappear altogether.

Scroll down and click Empty Folder but if you want to download some first you can. When you click 'Empty Folder' the count goes down, but you can still see them. I'm not sure why it's like that either.

Cyber6
March 2nd, 2015, 04:14 PM
Actually, there is another option.. which I just found out.. and tested and is working.

I installed TAPATALK on my mobile.. and selected only the messages I wanted to delete. It works like a charm. :D

C.

Silverbreeze
March 3rd, 2015, 04:58 AM
Sometimes the only thing the app does right

Also inbox and sent are the same message pool limit

jadehawk
March 4th, 2015, 12:52 AM
Actually, there is another option.. which I just found out.. and tested and is working.

I installed TAPATALK on my mobile.. and selected only the messages I wanted to delete. It works like a charm. :D

C.
This worked like a charm! ! Thank you for the tip. .

Chrissy
March 4th, 2015, 02:29 AM
Please can I just make sure I have got this right. So I install an App called Tapatalk on my mobile, then select only the messages, I want to delete and it will work? Will they still be on My Profile on my PC? Or will they be deleted from there too?

jadehawk
March 4th, 2015, 06:28 AM
Please can I just make sure I have got this right. So I install an App called Tapatalk on my mobile, then select only the messages, I want to delete and it will work? Will they still be on My Profile on my PC? Or will they be deleted from there too?

Yes.. once you install the app, sign in and delete any of your messages, they will also be deleted from your profile on your PC.
The app allows us to delete individual messages, which is not the case for the desktop version. On the desktop vesion you are only presented with the option of deleting ALL messages at once no way of picking those you wish to keep..

@Cyber6 Thank you again for the tip..

Dancingfountain
March 15th, 2015, 05:52 AM
Ok, this is good because I can't find PM on Tapatalk. Can someone in help with tat? I have on I-pad mini.

alc3261
March 15th, 2015, 06:24 AM
Oddly the PMs remain but I can no longer see the contents!!

Scrawler
March 15th, 2015, 10:02 AM
I was wondering about this myself. I do not want to delete all, just some. I do not have a mobile to instal Tapatalk on.

Flounder
March 15th, 2015, 12:45 PM
Oddly, I have just nuked my inbox from desktop orbit, but the messages still show up and I can still read them!

klpeabody
March 15th, 2015, 01:02 PM
Ok, this is good because I can't find PM on Tapatalk. Can someone in help with tat? I have on I-pad mini.

I can never find PMs on TapaTalk either. Any help that anyone can provide with this would be much appreciated. Thank you!

alc3261
March 15th, 2015, 01:55 PM
I'll walk it thro' on Tapatalk when I get my iPad out.

Chrissy
March 15th, 2015, 04:39 PM
I don't even know if Tapatalk exists for my phone. I'm probably the only person I know who doesn't have an iPhone. Mine is an Android

stonerman33
March 15th, 2015, 05:29 PM
I don't even know if Tapatalk exists for my phone. I'm probably the only person I know who doesn't have an iPhone. Mine is an Android

Tapatalk is available on Android, as well.

Woody
March 28th, 2015, 10:08 PM

Android here. Dumped apple after the iPad2 frakis. That's another war.

blopplop
April 7th, 2015, 06:54 PM
I was wondering about this myself. I do not want to delete all, just some. I do not have a mobile to instal Tapatalk on.

I'm in the same boat. No mobile device. I'm in the middle of transactions so I can't delete all of them at the moment, but I can't receive more pm's till it's cleared. Catch 22. Seems like it might be a good idea to see if we can get a more robust pm system. :)

Dave

Chrissy
April 8th, 2015, 01:14 AM
I'm in the same boat. No mobile device. I'm in the middle of transactions so I can't delete all of them at the moment, but I can't receive more pm's till it's cleared. Catch 22. Seems like it might be a good idea to see if we can get a more robust pm system. :) Dave

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page you can download them all as various file types.

However, I deleted all of mine and despite my Inbox saying it is now empty, I can still see and read all of my previous messages. Two pages worth. Some of the messages don't show all of the replies, but the original messages are all still there.

MY63
April 8th, 2015, 04:07 AM
Chrissy
I think the inbox and sent box are deleted independently I can see all of my replys as I only deleted my inbox.
It took me a little while to realise that I have each message as an email notification so the inbox is not too important.

Chrissy
April 8th, 2015, 04:59 AM
I deleted Inbox and Sent items separately. I can still see 2 pages of messages in my Inbox, despite it being "empty"

MY63
April 9th, 2015, 03:27 PM
How odd it would be nice if we could delete individual messages I have had some interesting conversations via pm and would like them to remain here where I can find them easily.

mrcharlie
April 9th, 2015, 10:26 PM
I deleted Inbox and Sent items separately. I can still see 2 pages of messages in my Inbox, despite it being "empty"
Messages in this PM system seem to be in a database type system and seem to stay visible after deletion until both the sender and the receiver delete them.

reprieve
June 24th, 2015, 08:00 PM
My inbox was full and so I emptied the folder. I've had to do it in the past and all of the messages still appeared. But this time, it seems as if some of my sent messages are missing--I can see what other folks said to me but not how I replied--and in other threads some of my replies are still there but the other person's messages to me are erased! What gives? The PM system here is so confusing.

reprieve
June 24th, 2015, 08:03 PM
How odd it would be nice if we could delete individual messages I have had some interesting conversations via pm and would like them to remain here where I can find them easily.

This. I really wish this could happen. My inbox wouldn't fill up if I could delete the messages I don't want to keep. :(

Laura N
June 25th, 2015, 04:27 PM
My inbox was full and so I emptied the folder. I've had to do it in the past and all of the messages still appeared. But this time, it seems as if some of my sent messages are missing--I can see what other folks said to me but not how I replied--and in other threads some of my replies are still there but the other person's messages to me are erased! What gives? The PM system here is so confusing.

It keeps happening to me. I remember PMs I received, but I can't find them, I assume because the sender had to delete. And whenever I have to delete my own, which seems to be required every month or so, I lose some messages but continue to be able to view others. All randomly. Plus, new ones aren't necessarily at the top of the page, and sometimes not even on the first page.

I am starting to sympathize with my 90-year-old father's wariness towards the remote control on his cable television. :)

alc3261
June 28th, 2015, 05:36 AM

This. I really wish this could happen. My inbox wouldn't fill up if I could delete the messages I don't want to keep. :(

You can do this via the Tapatalk app.

Chrissy
June 28th, 2015, 06:19 AM
Even with Tapatalk you can't delete older messages that you no longer want to keep. At least if you can, I haven't found a way to do this

Tracy Lee
July 2nd, 2015, 06:47 PM
Even with Tapatalk you can't delete older messages that you no longer want to keep. At least if you can, I haven't found a way to do this
I delete messages in Tapatalk all the time, only way to keep my messages cleared out. I press the message and hold and get an option to delete.

Chrissy
July 3rd, 2015, 10:05 AM
Thanks Tracy I will try deleting again, using that method to see if I can delete all of the old ones.
I can't remember if it even went back to my oldest ones, and gave me an opportunity to delete any6 of them.

FredRydr
August 30th, 2015, 08:41 AM
I delete messages in Tapatalk all the time, only way to keep my messages cleared out. I press the message and hold and get an option to delete.
I'm unable to do this. iPhone6

Someone needs to maintain and properly set up the Geek forum's software.

Fred

Crazyorange
August 30th, 2015, 08:49 AM
I'm unable to do this. iPhone6

Someone needs to maintain and properly set up the Geek forum's software.

Fred

In the message inbox area....Try swiping the message to the left. You'll get an option to delete. I have iphone6 and tap talk allows me to delete messages.

FredRydr
August 30th, 2015, 08:52 AM
In the message inbox area....Try swiping the message to the left. You'll get an option to delete. I have iphone6 and tap talk allows me to delete messages.
That's it! Thank you. And the deletion carries over to this forum? Nice workaround pending the fix to this forum. Much appreciated!!

Fred

Crazyorange
August 30th, 2015, 08:55 AM
That's it! Thank you. And the deletion carries over to this forum? Nice workaround pending the fix to this forum. Much appreciated!!

Fred
Yes it deletes the message in the forum. So much better than trying to delete through the forum. [emoji4]

FredRydr
August 30th, 2015, 08:58 AM
Okay! Inbox and Sent box are empty, but empty threads are still listed. Is there a workaround to delete threads, too?

Fred

Crazyorange
August 30th, 2015, 11:40 AM
Okay! Inbox and Sent box are empty, but empty threads are still listed. Is there a workaround to delete threads, too?

Fred

That I don't know.

KKay
February 28th, 2016, 12:36 AM
I don't have internet on my cell phone, and I don't have Tap Talk or whatever that is. It let me delete some sent messages, which is strange. I cannot delete any inbox messages though. I don't want to delete them all, just some of them.

Chrissy
February 28th, 2016, 01:54 AM

Fred

Not that I have ever found. They seem to stay there forever, but aren't counted.

penwash
February 28th, 2016, 09:06 AM

What I did was to download the entire PMs into Comma-Separated Values (CSV) file which can be opened in spreadsheet programs like MS Excel or LibreOffice Calc (open source and free).

This way I never lose any conversations.

But I agree in general. I never quite get a feel of who the admins are in FPG.
If they are too busy with other stuff and don't have the time to upgrading the forum software, I'm sure members who are IT guys (such as myself) would be willing to contribute some time. But need the direction from the admins.