PDA

View Full Version : Ink Review: Diamine Music Collection: Chopin

Chrissy
March 2nd, 2015, 03:55 PM
I have decided to review some of my favourite inks. These aren't necessarily in any particular order. This is one from the Music Gift set collection: Chopin.

The water test on the review form shows this isn't a waterproof ink.

This isn't an archival ink

Bearing in mind the paper I use is very smooth, and the nib was a Carene factory Stub nib, it took 11-13 secs to dry

It flows dryer than other Diamine inks, but still lubricates the nib well. No start-up or skipping problems noticed.

It is currently available in the gift set in 30ml glass bottles that are stable and user friendly. No ink wells

It's also now available in 30ml plastic bottles as refills. These aren't very stable and have quite narrow openings. No ink wells

It's a reasonable price if you want the set, or if you buy 30ml refill bottles

Diamine (http://www.diamineinks.co.uk/) sell it directly to end-users on their web-site.

StacyBean
March 2nd, 2015, 05:57 PM
Thank you for this review. I have yet to purchase any Diamine inks. This set is tempting.

Chrissy
March 3rd, 2015, 02:31 AM
Thank you for this review. I have yet to purchase any Diamine inks. This set is tempting.

If I could only afford one of the sets, I would buy the musicians set. However, I'm an older person. If I was young and wanted bolder, brighter colours, I might consider the Flowers set especially now I have seen and written with Burgundy Rose.

If I could buy the musicians set and substitute Burgundy Rose for one of them, I would do that.

This is only because I'm not mad keen on the 30ml plastic refill bottles