PDA

View Full Version : Montblanc Monte Rosa 042G - Fake?

RayCornett
March 4th, 2015, 09:06 PM
I have my eye on a 1950s Montblanc Monte Rosa 042G. Some I have seen say "MontBlanc" on the body underneath where it says "Monte Rosa". This particular one does not say "MontBlanc" on the body underneath where it says "Monte Rosa". Fake? Or did they only do that in certain years of production? The owner of the pen is in Canada. Maybe that makes a difference?

tandaina
March 4th, 2015, 09:40 PM
Is it a piston filling model? The monte Rosa line is their cheap line and not normally fakes, copied maybe but not faked. No profit in it. The fakes are almost ways modern pens, and cart converter.

RayCornett
March 4th, 2015, 09:42 PM
Piston filler that supposedly draws in water nicely, with no leaks. I have wanted a vintage MB for a while and this one being one of their low end models explains why it is so affordable. I dont want one of their high end over priced moderns. This one looks nice and is a good size.

tandaina
March 4th, 2015, 11:00 PM
Highly unlikely it is fake. And they are good solid pens. I find time of good pens from pre 1970, and prices are very reasonable for 24x models especially. The 144 and 142 from the 50s when both were piston fillers are often available for reasonable prices as well.

Chrissy
March 5th, 2015, 01:29 AM
I have never seen a fake Monte Rosa piston filler pen, so I would assume it's authentic

fountainpenkid
March 6th, 2015, 08:39 PM
Has anybody seen a fake Montblanc piston filler in general??

tandaina
March 6th, 2015, 08:46 PM
Not I.

RayCornett
March 13th, 2015, 08:51 PM
Finally..... I have bid on bunches of these and they all got away. Lots got near $200. Tonight, I prevailed. $75. I could have gotten another for $45 on buy it now but although it looked ok the seller said it was best for parts and was in Germany. At least the one I got has a moving piston and twisting piston knob and looks excellent, and the seller is in the states.

Bisquitlips
April 11th, 2015, 11:24 PM
I am a bit late on this thread, but I have yet to see a counterfeit MB Monte Rosa in all my years of collecting fountain pens.

If anyone has a photograph of a fake Monte Rosa I would love to have one for my photo collection of such.

RayCornett
June 15th, 2015, 09:00 PM
I ended up selling it off because I got a decent offer over what I initially paid. I miss it and will have another eventually.