PDA

View Full Version : Pelikan Souverän M805 Demonstrator

RuiFromUK
March 6th, 2015, 08:10 AM
It was announced by a Pelikan newsletter and it is planned to come out in April.

Here are some more details:

http://www.pelikan.com/pulse/Pulsar/en_GB.FWI.displayShop.204463./souver%C3%A4n-m805-demonstrator

Robert
March 6th, 2015, 08:52 AM
The advertisement mentions that Pelikan "will additionally launch an engraved version with technical descriptions in English." Didn't Jeph get a similar pen when he visited the Pelikan factory some months ago? Any idea on pricing of these pens?

RuiFromUK
March 6th, 2015, 08:55 AM
The advertisement mentions that Pelikan "will additionally launch an engraved version with technical descriptions in English." Didn't Jeph get a similar pen when he visited the Pelikan factory some months ago? Any idea on pricing of these pens?

£385 in UK. I do not know the price of the engraved one.

Jeph
March 6th, 2015, 11:21 AM
Mine was the 800 (gold trim) left over (retained?) from the LE run a few years before.

sharmon202
March 6th, 2015, 04:46 PM
Anyone know where these 800s will be for sale in US when released? Anyone know a date?
Thanks,

earthdawn
March 7th, 2015, 12:53 AM
Anyone know where these 800s will be for sale in US when released? Anyone know a date?
Thanks,

In the states I would try the bigger retailers with big buying power....

Dromgooles in Houston

Fountain Pen Hospital in NY

Fahrney's in DC

Bertrams Inkwell in Maryland

Pen Chalet in Arizona

Vanness Pen in Arkansas

I would try that list to see who is getting what and when.

Jon Szanto
March 7th, 2015, 01:50 AM
I know this is terrible, but I looked at that and thought "Hey! A TWSBI 540!"

Jeph
March 7th, 2015, 03:08 AM
I know this is terrible, but I looked at that and thought "Hey! A TWSBI 540!"

To be totally honest, my M800 demonstrator writes like an absolute dream. It does not hurt that I got to try out literally a score of nibs and walk away with one that was perfect for me. But...either my TWSBI 580 ($50) or M200 demonstrator ($100) is always part of my 6+ pen daily carry and the M800 never has been and most likely never will be. To a non-FP person they are all the same pen and I can get their attention without risking a fat wad of cash. All allow me to demonstrate how a piston filler works, plus the wow factor of the visible ink. But only the TWSBI gets handed to non FP people to use. Even a FP person had better have a good reason to even touch my M800.