PDA

View Full Version : Jinhao x750 question

BlueBoy007
March 6th, 2015, 08:39 AM
Can one fit a G nib to the x750?

Alec_J
March 6th, 2015, 08:41 AM
Not certain what you mean by G nib, but I am a newb. Goulet nibs fit perfectly!

Neo
March 6th, 2015, 09:29 AM

If he meant Zebra G it's a dip nib.

KBeezie
March 9th, 2015, 02:57 AM

Which may be a hit-or-miss in terms of fitting depending on the shape of the feed (due to manufacturing variation, not all of them are identical).

I know they fit fine into a Noodler's Ahab... once you shave the sides of the feed off to allow the more rounded shape to fit.

I know some people have fitted one in a X750/X450/159, but like I said it depends on your luck on getting one just the right shape of feed/section.

Alec_J
March 9th, 2015, 07:30 AM

Which may be a hit-or-miss in terms of fitting depending on the shape of the feed (due to manufacturing variation, not all of them are identical).

I know they fit fine into a Noodler's Ahab... once you shave the sides of the feed off to allow the more rounded shape to fit.

I know some people have fitted one in a X750/X450/159, but like I said it depends on your luck on getting one just the right shape of feed/section.

I was not aware. Thank you for the correction! I am still learning and should have just kept silent.

elaineb
March 9th, 2015, 09:52 AM
Ohhhhhh wow. I wish you hadn't posted that. (You're getting me back for posting those links to John Neal and Paper Ink Arts, aren't you?) I have an extra Ahab feed kicking around, and a few G nibs... and now I may need to buy a pen to put them in. I'm NOT SUPPOSED TO BUY ANYTHING THIS MONTH... *sigh*