PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Dannzeman for all his hard work

checkrail
March 7th, 2015, 08:23 AM
I don't know all the ins and outs of the ins and outs, but after around two years here I want to say this has been a friendly forum and I have found Dan's administration outstandingly welcoming, unflappable, efficient and open to free speech. I want to put that on record.
Kindest regards
Timothy Birrell

heraclitus682
March 7th, 2015, 09:04 AM
Yup, I agree.

Jon Szanto
March 7th, 2015, 11:16 AM
I endorse this product and/or message.

Neo
March 7th, 2015, 11:18 AM
Hear, hear....I'll drink to that :tea:

Morgaine
March 7th, 2015, 11:20 AM
:fans::cheers:

Robert
March 7th, 2015, 11:56 AM
Hear, hear....I'll drink to that :tea:

And I shall "ink" to that!

ethernautrix
March 7th, 2015, 12:20 PM
Ditto checkrail. Great job, Dan! (Don't know nothin' 'bout nothin' else, but great job!)

reprieve
March 7th, 2015, 12:35 PM
Dan deserves the "Best Online Forum Administrator" trophy. :rockon:

Holsworth
March 7th, 2015, 12:37 PM
Agree wholeheartedly.

Crazyorange
March 7th, 2015, 01:08 PM
When I went to the dc super show last year, I met Dan. He was very friendly and even let me fondle his pens. He was easy to talk to and very informative. Dan could have easily blown me off since I was an eight month old newbie but instead was the complete opposite.

He helped me with questions about making my own podcasts. Talk about way beyond helping....it's not even fountain pens.

He's gone a great job running the forum and did an outstanding job fixing a nib that I mucked up.

Thanks Dan.

snedwos
March 7th, 2015, 01:19 PM
Oooh you're doing podcasts?

Silverbreeze
March 7th, 2015, 01:23 PM
Dan I know you already heard this from me but I agree with all the positive feedback :-)

Quantum Sailor
March 7th, 2015, 01:43 PM
I agree this forum has been run in the most fair handed manner I have seen since my time in joining. That is all due to Dan. I am especially impressed with how he took his own criticisms in stride from the forum members when it happened. It's not easy to take people attacking you and keep a fair hand when the power to silence it is available.

Mags
March 7th, 2015, 03:08 PM
Dan, you are doing a great job here with the Forum and with the website and the sales and the nibs.

I know it's also a tough job which is why I donate to the website from time to time. I encourage others to make a $5 or $10 dollar donation every year to keep the site evergreen and on line.

TerraNoir
March 7th, 2015, 06:03 PM
What the... Well you should have a handwritten thank you letter from me, Dan. But I definitely echo everything said here. Thank you so much for everything. You handled my fan girl freak out like a pro at DC. Hopefully we shall run into each other again at another pen show.

Hawk
March 7th, 2015, 09:33 PM
Dan, you are the reason I spend a lot of time on this forum site. Job well done!

ThriveToScribe
March 8th, 2015, 12:57 AM
Dan, you are the reason I spend a lot of time on this forum site. Job well done!

I agree...and second all of the above...(below? Since I receive my messages in reverse order)

Thanks, Dan!

~~Thérèse

chojo
March 8th, 2015, 05:29 AM
Hear, Hear, well said that man.

mhguda
March 8th, 2015, 10:09 AM
I'd like to add my voice to the chorus. Have been following the scary developments in silence so far, but I do want to say Thank you, Dan, for a great forum.

dannzeman
March 8th, 2015, 03:11 PM
Dang it, everyone, you're hittin' me right in the feels! The amount of support and encouragement I've received is almost overwhelming. I can't begin to express my gratitude to you all. It's been a pleasure to be part of such a wonderful group of people.

For those who would like to stay in touch, please PM me for my personal email or snail mail address.

Regards,

Dan

Uncle Bud
March 8th, 2015, 03:26 PM
Dan, listen to everyone, you are doing a GREAT job. This forum is the friendliest and most informative I've found. Take stock, relax and come back stronger than ever. Fpgeeks forever.

Laura N
March 8th, 2015, 03:33 PM
Dang it, everyone, you're hittin' me right in the feels! The amount of support and encouragement I've received is almost overwhelming. I can't begin to express my gratitude to you all. It's been a pleasure to be part of such a wonderful group of people.

For those who would like to stay in touch, please PM me for my personal email or snail mail address.

Regards,

Dan

Ah, see, now you'll regret that puny inbox limit. :) :hug: :grouphug:

Flounder
March 8th, 2015, 03:36 PM

Regards,

Dan

If you don't come back as a admin, I hope you stay on as a member here.

HughC
March 8th, 2015, 04:28 PM
I think you did a great job here as well. All the best for the future.

Regards
Hugh

orfew
March 10th, 2015, 05:40 PM
Thanks Dan for your many hours of work on this site. You have had a positive influence on many people here and I include myself in this.

Lady Onogaro
March 10th, 2015, 07:56 PM

Regards,

Dan

Please don't leave, Dan. You are a storehouse of experience that we can't afford to lose here. I have learned a lot from the site and from your podcasts and blog posts.

youstruckgold
March 11th, 2015, 02:19 AM
Does thankyou mean you're not coming back? NOOOOOOO:jaw:

Marsilius
March 16th, 2015, 12:55 AM
Another thank you to Dan for your great open handed moderation, light touch, and ongoing care.
Best,
Mars

Sailor Kenshin
March 16th, 2015, 06:14 AM
My thanks and appreciation as well, Dan.

penhappy
March 16th, 2015, 09:14 AM
Many thanks Dan! Always looked forward to your reviews. Missing your smile!