PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Vintage Flex: Jade Moore, Parker and Eversharp

AZBennett
March 9th, 2015, 05:26 PM
My usual disclaimer here: I am not a professional pen restorer rather I am a self taught pen repairman. The pens I am offering up aren't usually Mint/Near Mint/Excellent condition and the prices reflect that fact. These were user grade pens from a bygone era. My attempt is to bring them back to life in the hopes that they will be used as the wonderful tools of creation they once were. Where applicable I use Richard Binders website for repair information, Pen Identification and a myriad of other nuggets of wisdom. I have replaced the sacs in these pens, cleaned and polished them. They have been reassembled with care and as much precision as I am able to accomplish. All my writing samples are conducted by myself or my wife and with the pen featured in this classified.

1. Jade Parker Lucky Curve - Pen features a lovely fine firm nib that shows little or no line variation but writes very smooth. The barrel is slightly discolored from age while the cap is closer to the original jade pattern. The pen is free of monograms, cracks, chips or bites. Ring top fixtures is secure and gold furniture is free of brassing and plate loss. The cap has a very nice wide band that shows microscratches only. The barrel imprint is still quite readable. - [75 USD] reduced to 70

2. The Moore Pen Co. L-72 - Jade lever filler with clip cap that features a nice Medium (with VERY light pressure a fine line can be achieved) Maniflex nib. The nib is very responsive and quite wet, laying down large swaths of ink and showing a large variance of line width. The pen does show discoloration of the jade as the barrel is quite a bit darker than it should be and there is some discoloration of the cap as well. There is some brassing and plate loss on the lever and clip band but it is minimal. No chips, cracks or bites, only minor microscratches along the barrel and cap. - 75 USD [SOLD]

3. Wahl-Eversharp Jade Tulip Clip - As quite a few of these pens are prone to have flaws, this one does as well. The Tulip clip is missing, there is a small ding on the gold dome and the nib is a replacement Moore Pen Co 2 Flexible nib. There is also the remains of a monogram on the cap that states "Irene Voigt" with the "I" still being filled in gold "paint" the other letters have lost their gold. On the plus side, the pen writes magnificently, putting down flex ranging from F-BBB and being easily flexible with quick responsiveness. Lever, tassies and gold dome are firmly in place. There is some discoloration and microscratches but no chips, cracks or bites. - 60 USD[SOLD]

Purchase remaining two pens for 145 USD shipping included

Payment via Paypal only
Shipping to CONUS via USPS Priority Mail - $5.95 USD.
Insurance available upon request at the buyers cost.
Will combine shipping on multiple pen purchases.
Will consider international shipping on a case by case basis (PM me for specifics).

Open to reasonable offers via PM.

AZBennett
March 11th, 2015, 08:43 PM
Moore L-72 and W/E Tulip SOLD

Parker Lucky Curve reduced to 70 USD

AZBennett
March 17th, 2015, 10:24 AM
Price Drop on Lucky Curve to 65.00

AZBennett
March 23rd, 2015, 06:01 PM
Price Drop on Lucky Curve to 60 USD

AZBennett
March 28th, 2015, 07:57 PM
Jade Lucky Curve 60 USD + two 4ml ink Samples, Shipping Included through Sunday 3/29/15