PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Brass Imperial set...

HughC
March 9th, 2015, 08:53 PM

A less common one especially in pristine condition.

Regards
Hugh

Jon Szanto
March 9th, 2015, 09:05 PM
Beautiful, Hugh - is this a new acquisition for you? I'm enjoying the Targa 1005 I just got, 23ct GP and got it for a bargain. Lovely pen, not in the league of the above, though!

jar
March 9th, 2015, 09:24 PM
Nice. I have an Imperial Brass Targa set but have never seen the Imperial set in the flesh.

HughC
March 9th, 2015, 10:17 PM
Beautiful, Hugh - is this a new acquisition for you? I'm enjoying the Targa 1005 I just got, 23ct GP and got it for a bargain. Lovely pen, not in the league of the above, though!

Newish, August last year. Really Jon these better Imperials are overlooked and don't sell all that well in a lot of cases, this set for about $80 is ridiculously cheap and it's unused to boot. Glad your enjoying your new Targa, a bargain always helps!!

Regards
Hugh

Jon Szanto
March 9th, 2015, 10:33 PM
Newish, August last year. Really Jon these better Imperials are overlooked and don't sell all that well in a lot of cases, this set for about $80 is ridiculously cheap and it's unused to boot. Glad your enjoying your new Targa, a bargain always helps!!

A couple of Imperials were some of my first purchases getting into this, Hugh. From Teri of Peyton Street Pens, and they are still excellent writing pens. I have one Sterling Silver in Barleycorn pattern that is a favorite. BTW: when we speak of "brass" Imperials, is it actually a polished brass finish, or is it GP over brass? I confess confusion.

The Targa appears to have only had the cartridges that came with it used in the pen. Convertor looks to have never been used, the pen, box, and papers are pristine, and it was US $25.00. Yay!

jar
March 10th, 2015, 07:05 AM

A couple of Imperials were some of my first purchases getting into this, Hugh. From Teri of Peyton Street Pens, and they are still excellent writing pens. I have one Sterling Silver in Barleycorn pattern that is a favorite. BTW: when we speak of "brass" Imperials, is it actually a polished brass finish, or is it GP over brass? I confess confusion.

The Targa appears to have only had the cartridges that came with it used in the pen. Convertor looks to have never been used, the pen, box, and papers are pristine, and it was US $25.00. Yay!

The Imperial Brass sets were polished brass. The Targa set was the pen, a brass case for cartridges and a brass carry case.

The Imperial Brass Triumph was a lacquered brass pen and Reminder BP. Surprisingly, I don't think the Triumph version came with the brass cartridge case but I may be wrong.

The trim and furniture in both cases was gold plated.

HughC
March 10th, 2015, 04:22 PM
As far as I'm aware the Imperial didn't have the brass case. I'm thinking the Targa would also be lacquered to prevent tarnish. I do need to correct an earlier statement about being unused and change to lightly used !!

Regards
Hugh

Jon Szanto
March 10th, 2015, 04:38 PM
What I'm wondering is: do any of these pens have an Imperial Brass band?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFa2uEXZeA0