PDA

View Full Version : Friday-the-thirteenth PIF: If you dare!

Sailor Kenshin
March 13th, 2015, 08:08 AM
In the arena we have one vial of *gasp!* Noodler's Baystate Blue, very full. Yes, the stuff of myth and legend.

Nice, bright, cheery blue. Will sear your retinas and stain your fingers, not to mention any rubbery parts of the pen you share it with.

Not recommended for your Limited Edition Montblancs or fancy-pants Nakayas.

Pairs well with Pelikano Juniors, Jin-and-Hero-Faris. Or any pen costing less than, oh, ten dollars.

To that effect, we are also donating four beginner pens: a yellow, open-nib Jinhao 599, a hooded-nib smoke Jinhao 599, a black marble Huashalai, metal-barreled and HEAVY, and a Wing Sung 333.

Now, we have been warned that BSB does not work and play well with others. Since only the colorful WS and smoke 599 have not been inked, these would be suitable for your BSB pen.

Thank you for not smoking. Please fasten your safety belts and turn off your cell phones.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7647/16597536038_e8d79389cd_z.jpg

And now you know what it looks like. Reply here. Have at it!

Since these are beginner pens, I would really like this to go to a beginner. Or someone with a good reason and great daring. Up for grabs one week...CONUS only.

Will announce winner at random.

phonelady61
March 13th, 2015, 09:45 AM
im game and im in thanks

Dreck
March 13th, 2015, 01:59 PM
The hooded nib and vial of BSB make this the most horrifying PIF ever.
I'm NOT in. Thanks for doing this, SK!

VertOlive
March 13th, 2015, 02:12 PM
Whoa. FEAR This!!!

elaineb
March 13th, 2015, 02:38 PM
Ha ha ha ha! I love this celebration of the unlucky. I'm not putting my name in, but I just got a sample of BSB a few days ago. I had realized that after, what, ten years? I have never seen the ink in person, nor even a writing sample. It's so infamous, I decided I wanted to try it and make my own decisions. I've been using it for a week now, and my conclusions might make it into a post here.

Whoever gets this PIF, I hope you let us know your experiences with it.

Sailor Kenshin
March 13th, 2015, 03:25 PM
I'm NOT in.

So you CLAIM. Muahahaaaaa.

sparkinflint
March 13th, 2015, 07:50 PM
noice.

caribbean_skye
March 14th, 2015, 06:31 AM
lol. Thats awesome SK, love this PIF.

butchhe
March 14th, 2015, 07:34 AM
I'm not skeered! Count me in.

Dancingfountain
March 15th, 2015, 06:13 AM
Just seeing this! I am in and just beginning my descent into FPGeekdom with one Lamy Safai and a funky cheap Pelican. I just went to my first pen show in Long Island but had a limited budget. I do have a wish list and finding a happy blue was my goal... but didn't make it and settled for cartridge blue. But I just got my first converter cartridges so all ready! I'll dive in and throw my name in! Either way thanks for the fun offer! Can't wait until I can PIF!

Losbol
March 15th, 2015, 09:17 AM
Also just started off my fountain pen adventure 3 weeks ago buying a black charcoal Lamy Safari with a fine nib and just love it so much.

Therefore would love to have a chance at trying out other pens. So count me in please!

Losbol
March 15th, 2015, 09:18 AM
Ps although I live in Spain, I have a friend in the States who could receive and bring the package over in the near future :crazy_pilot:

Alec_J
March 16th, 2015, 05:40 AM
I'm in. I have really wanted to try the famous er... Infamous BSB. Thank you for the offer!

Scrawler
March 16th, 2015, 09:42 AM
I am not afraid of the date, but sorry, I am afraid that I am not entering.

Pens&Lit
March 17th, 2015, 12:06 PM
I've always avoided the BSB like a plague, but would love to give it a scribble.

Sailor Kenshin
March 20th, 2015, 01:02 PM
I'm in. I have really wanted to try the famous er... Infamous BSB. Thank you for the offer!

All right. Here we are.

As was probably inevitable...the PIF goes to...Post Number Thirteen!

Please PM me with your postal address, Alec J.

Thanks to everyone for your interest. I'll have more PIFs on hand soon.

Losbol
March 21st, 2015, 03:21 AM
Congratulations to Alec. Look forward your PIFs in the future (can't wait really) :thank_you2:

Alec_J
March 21st, 2015, 08:57 AM
@Losbol I will certainly PIF! Everyone here has been so generous and helpful. Once I gain a bit of knowledge and experience I hope to be at least half as helpful as everyone has been with me.

Alec_J
March 23rd, 2015, 06:20 PM
The PIF package arrived today! Thank you again Sailor! I will PIF in return!

Sailor Kenshin
March 23rd, 2015, 06:57 PM
Yay...the BSB didn't kerplode!

mikeal
March 23rd, 2015, 07:48 PM
I've just recently discovered fountain pens, looks like this would be a great set to play with. I'm in. And thank you.

Alec_J
March 23rd, 2015, 07:55 PM
Nope. I think it's supposed to keep lose as soon as it's in a pen from what I have read! [emoji12]

Alec_J
March 23rd, 2015, 08:32 PM
"Keep lose" ... Oh autocorrect..... How I love/hate you. Kerplode!

Sailor Kenshin
March 24th, 2015, 05:35 AM
Lol...ya gotta love Auto-correct. As for me, I killed it. :bounce:

Alec_J
March 28th, 2015, 09:16 PM
Report-the Jinhao 599's are Great! I really like the hooded one. It's got to be an extra fine. I love it with the BSB. the yellow Jinhao is fairly smooth and writes well. I've yet to ink the others, but when I do I will give a report. Thank you again!

Losbol
March 29th, 2015, 06:11 AM
Nice to see you are enjoying your new pens! I look forward to any future PIFs :)

Sailor Kenshin
March 30th, 2015, 06:18 AM
Report-the Jinhao 599's are Great! I really like the hooded one. It's got to be an extra fine. I love it with the BSB. the yellow Jinhao is fairly smooth and writes well. I've yet to ink the others, but when I do I will give a report. Thank you again!

Happy to hear it! I do like those hooded 599s.