PDA

View Full Version : Another satisfying TWSBI service episode.

manoeuver
August 22nd, 2012, 07:30 PM
Sunday I broke my 540 at work. Sad stuff. I emailed TWSBI support that evening.
Monday I had an email response.
Wednesday (today) replacement parts arrived.
I put the pen together and it's good as new.

That's effective service and I thought you all should know.

etoyoc
August 23rd, 2012, 04:39 AM
They have been excellent on replacing cracked parts and although it took a long time to get replacement piston rings when the 530 first came out, I have been very happy with the service they have given. Now, I just wish that I didn't have to call on that service as often. I still love my 530s and 540. (not so much the vac)

Pinkys.Brain
August 23rd, 2012, 05:46 AM
Sounds great. Now they only need to provide more (and cheaper) shipping options ^_^

KrazyIvan
August 23rd, 2012, 03:26 PM
Good to hear. My 530 and 540 are still going strong but I have not inked them in a while. I am working my way through my older pens.

@penfancy
August 26th, 2012, 03:10 AM
When my 540 section cracked I sent an email to TWSBI and got a response within 10 minutes from Philip himself. Two replacement sections made it to my house within 3 days!
Needless to say, I'm going to buy TWSBI for as long as they make them. Excellent customer service goes a long way in my book!

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

earthdawn
September 3rd, 2012, 11:33 PM
When my 540 section cracked I sent an email to TWSBI and got a response within 10 minutes from Philip himself. Two replacement sections made it to my house within 3 days!
Needless to say, I'm going to buy TWSBI for as long as they make them. Excellent customer service goes a long way in my book!

Same exact experience !!!

Unbelievable customer service !

Rsmith
October 28th, 2012, 08:38 AM
I dropped my 700 Vac at work during a big meeting. People were surprised to see almost grown man tear-up. Bent the nib. TWSBI responded that they would replace the nib for free. Massaged it myself, works pretty good, won't give up my day job.

manoeuver
October 28th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Since I posted this I've also received a new barrel to replace the original which cracked after I dropped the pen. I remain tickled at the speed and quality of service but the only other pen I own that's needed two such repairs has taken ten years to accrue that much damage.

I'm still gonna buy more TWSBI stuff, I know they're working to make their parts less brittle.

fountainpenkid
October 28th, 2012, 12:50 PM
i reduced the ink capacity of my twsbi mini... i can't take it apart because the gap to fit the wrench in is now too small. it works perfectly, but holds very little ink :( i emailed the u.s branch and have no response...its been two days.

manoeuver
October 28th, 2012, 12:55 PM
i reduced the ink capacity of my twsbi mini... i can't take it apart because the gap to fit the wrench in is now too small. it works perfectly, but holds very little ink :( i emailed the u.s branch and have no response...its been two days.You will likely hear from Philip Wang in the morning. He appears to work regular business hours. In the meantime may I suggest liberal use of the ellipsis...

fountainpenkid
October 28th, 2012, 01:11 PM
You will likely hear from Philip Wang in the morning. He appears to work regular business hours. In the meantime may I suggest liberal use of the ellipsis...

ellipsis?

manoeuver
October 28th, 2012, 05:23 PM
save a ton of ink.

KrazyIvan
November 28th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Discovered that my Micarta nib collar is cracked in two places. That solves the mystery of why the ink was evaporating so fast (I had assumed it was not having an inner cap). I traded for the pen, so I was not expecting to receive warranty service. I emailed TWSBI to see how much a replacement would cost and Philip is sending me a replacement, free of charge. Wow.

manoeuver
November 28th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Yeah, they don't check anything. I send photos of my broke stuff but I doubt that's even necessary.

For their sake I hope the economic model doesn't have the issues the 530/540 has had cause it'll kill them dead. That would suck real bad.

fountainpenkid
November 28th, 2012, 07:05 PM
they wanted to check my mini even though i sent them a clear pic for some reason. even when i sent it in, they still refused to accept the crack was there. it isn't growing, and they did oil the piston nicely, so i'm gonna stop bugging them.

Bogon07
November 28th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Discovered that my Micarta nib collar is cracked in two places. That solves the mystery of why the ink was evaporating so fast (I had assumed it was not having an inner cap). I traded for the pen, so I was not expecting to receive warranty service. I emailed TWSBI to see how much a replacement would cost and Philip is sending me a replacement, free of charge. Wow.

Sorry to hear about your Micarta but it is good TWSBI are sending you a replacement.

inky
December 1st, 2012, 09:52 AM

Hi Ivan,

I'm sorry that you had trouble with the Micarta! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

-Mike

KrazyIvan
December 1st, 2012, 11:47 AM
Hi Ivan,

I'm sorry that you had trouble with the Micarta! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

-Mike

No worries Mike! Philip has already sent me a replacement!

inky
December 1st, 2012, 09:05 PM
No worries Mike! Philip has already sent me a replacement!

That Philip is amazing isn't he? Twsbi never fails to amazing me. Glad it worked out for you!