PDA

View Full Version : Pen Related Items You Are Using Today

Quantum Sailor
March 15th, 2015, 12:44 PM
Hi All,

I don't know that there is a thread for this so I decided to start one. What pen related items are you using today?

I am using a Franklin - Christoph penvolope 6 I received for my birthday. Its the black saddle boot one. I will post pics later when I have time.

VertOlive
March 15th, 2015, 03:25 PM
Oh gee, after an afternoon of letter writing, lots. A hand made pen wrap. Rubber stamps, stamp pads, envelopes, Tomoe River paper, oddball tuck-ins to amuse, and the latest USPS postage stamps. Oh, and a wax candle to protect the addresses.

Neo
March 15th, 2015, 04:41 PM
Blotting paper and amodex

caribbean_skye
March 15th, 2015, 09:24 PM
a set of chinese chops.

sgtstretch
March 16th, 2015, 07:36 AM
Oh gee, after an afternoon of letter writing, lots. A hand made pen wrap. Rubber stamps, stamp pads, envelopes, Tomoe River paper, oddball tuck-ins to amuse, and the latest USPS postage stamps. Oh, and a wax candle to protect the addresses.

I wondered what was rubbed over the addresses on your latest letter.

Holsworth
March 19th, 2015, 02:15 AM
My home made felt 5 pen case, that I posted on here a while ago. I had intended to make a version 2 with thicker felt, but version 1 has worked so well I never got around to it! Also my felt fauxdori traveller's notebook.

VertOlive
March 19th, 2015, 10:00 PM
Etsy custom "crow" stamp.

Lady Onogaro
March 20th, 2015, 08:59 AM
Etsy Sheaffer Balance pen stamp (white dot and all).

jar
March 20th, 2015, 09:11 AM
Pen knives.

http://www.fototime.com/EDD057A64A8DA80/large.jpg

elaineb
March 20th, 2015, 10:16 AM
I've been experimenting with a different type of artist paper I hadn't tried before with fountain pens. Sometimes called "comp" or layout bond, it's thin and very smooth, and usually 100% cotton. I'm looking for a new source of daily stationery, and have bought five different pads to try out. Testing so far has been fun. It's nice stuff, resembling a crisp version of Tomoe River. Some are more translucent than others. Some have a coating on the reverse side to prevent marker bleedthrough, which makes it resistant to fountain pen ink. I don't have a favorite yet

VertOlive
March 20th, 2015, 11:52 AM
I'm making heavy use of Fedex Tracking to follow the delivery route of two new pens...:rolleyes:

Quantum Sailor
March 20th, 2015, 08:22 PM
I'm making heavy use of Fedex Tracking to follow the delivery route of two new pens...:rolleyes:

I do that as well, especial with USPS. I had a pen come in to my town only to go in circles for a few days and then go off to New Jersey for some reason nobody at the post office was able to explain. However in their defense the customer service line woman sorted it out and got me the pen a few days later.

Tracy Lee
March 22nd, 2015, 06:23 PM
Washi tape, a corner cutter, various stickers, address labels, hand made envelopes, stamps, and perhaps a bit of profanity because the washi can be . . . Sticky. In the wrong places at the wrong times.

Crazyorange
March 22nd, 2015, 06:32 PM
Washi tape, a corner cutter, various stickers, address labels, hand made envelopes, stamps, and perhaps a bit of profanity because the washi can be . . . Sticky. In the wrong places at the wrong times.

My kinda of girl....swearing up a storm while covered in sticky bits of tape. Hope it's cheerful tape. :)

Tracy Lee
March 22nd, 2015, 06:34 PM

My kinda of girl....swearing up a storm while covered in sticky bits of tape. Hope it's cheerful tape. :)
It is and all on your letter ironically enough. Enjoy the tape and I can assure you profanity found its way in to the letter too! [emoji6]

Crazyorange
March 22nd, 2015, 06:36 PM

It is and all on your letter ironically enough. Enjoy the tape and I can assure you profanity found its way in to the letter too! [emoji6]

Cool. I can use some extra swears...the work week has arrived.

Jon Szanto
March 22nd, 2015, 06:49 PM
Huh. I didn't end up swearing.

So: dark maroon felt, thin cardboard, fabric shears, white glue and glue gun.

Why? Oh, I've used an hard-exterior eyeglass case as an EDC off-and-on for a couple of years, with just some felt 'rolled up' in waves to make pockets for pens. I finally wanted to get it right, so I designed an interior piece that separated the spaced into 6 slots for the pens, made it out of the board and then covered it with felt. Now it is very easy to take the pens in and out, but every surface is covered in something soft and no parts of any pens touch each other. I'll post photos when I get an opportunity, but it's a pretty slick way to carry six ready-to-go pens in a very protective manner.

I can't believe I think this shit up. There: I swore.