PDA

View Full Version : Solid Copper Fountain & Roller Ball

Yort81
March 19th, 2015, 11:31 PM
Matching Kitless Fountain Pen and Roller Ball Made from Solid Copper rod. Boring and threading done on my South Bend 9a metal lathe.... Shaping, Sanding and polishing done on my wood lathe

The Fountain Pen is sporting a Fine Bock Nib, Feed and Housing.

I went with clipless on both.... I may make another set and put on a Clip to see how they turn out... but for these two... not.

elaineb
March 20th, 2015, 12:32 AM
Just GORGEOUS. I'm curious: how much does the fountain pen weigh?

Ryliko
March 20th, 2015, 01:02 AM
:jaw: !!!

sgtstretch
March 20th, 2015, 07:46 AM
Those are beautiful!!

MY63
March 23rd, 2015, 01:17 PM
Stunning does not seem enough do you have a website.
Michael

Neo
March 23rd, 2015, 01:29 PM
:cheer2:

Alec_J
March 23rd, 2015, 09:09 PM
Wow! Beautiful! Great work!

Dr.Danger
March 23rd, 2015, 09:37 PM
I want one! I generally like clips for utility, but these are beautiful as is.

caribbean_skye
March 24th, 2015, 05:36 AM
oooh elegant and simple (and shiny)! While i am curious how theyd look with a clip, I am a clipless person myself. Does the barrel retain finger prints easily?

Yort81
March 25th, 2015, 12:18 AM
Just GORGEOUS. I'm curious: how much does the fountain pen weigh?

ElaineB.... the Fountain Pen is 86 Grams Capped ~ 60.5 Uncapped :)

Yort81
March 25th, 2015, 12:19 AM
Stunning does not seem enough do you have a website.
Michael

Michael... Im sorry... I don't have a website at the moment... I have been thinking of a Facebook fan page though :)

Yort81
March 25th, 2015, 12:33 AM
oooh elegant and simple (and shiny)! While i am curious how theyd look with a clip, I am a clipless person myself. Does the barrel retain finger prints easily?

Thank You for your kind words :) in answer to your question as to whether or not they show finger prints easily.... Omg.. YES they DO! So easily, in fact... that the local police dept could get a full set of my prints by taking my pen now :P

Yort81
March 25th, 2015, 12:33 AM
Thank You EVERYONE for your very kind words.... I feel my ego swelling to the point of bursting :) :)

naimitsu
March 28th, 2015, 06:04 PM
Beautiful! Though is there any sort of coating to prevent/mitigate oxidation? I'd hate to see such a stunning looking set gain the usual green patina most things copper get.

Also, what are your thoughts about hammered copper? I think it would look awesome, but I have no idea how difficult it would be to do :)

Scrawler
March 29th, 2015, 09:40 AM
These are very beautiful. Are they lacquered to protect the copper from skin secretions?

Yort81
March 30th, 2015, 12:18 AM
These are very beautiful. Are they lacquered to protect the copper from skin secretions?

Actually..No... they are bare metal pens... they will patina with age and handling... however.. if one wanted to keep it shining... a quick wipe with a jewelers cloth will keep them bright :)

Yort81
March 30th, 2015, 12:19 AM
Beautiful! Though is there any sort of coating to prevent/mitigate oxidation? I'd hate to see such a stunning looking set gain the usual green patina most things copper get.

Also, what are your thoughts about hammered copper? I think it would look awesome, but I have no idea how difficult it would be to do :)

Hi Naimitsu... no... they are bare.. and they will oxidize without some care.. a quick wipe with a jewelers cloth will keep them bright :) Hammered copper... Ive never thought about it.. hmmm... food for thought :)

anthonyd
March 30th, 2015, 05:54 PM
Really classy with nice clean lines.

Tony