PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Vintage Flex: Belmont and Conklin

AZBennett
March 21st, 2015, 11:15 AM
My usual disclaimer here: I am not a professional pen restorer rather I am a self taught pen repairman. The pens I am offering up aren't usually Mint/Near Mint/Excellent condition and the prices reflect that fact. These were user grade pens from a bygone era. My attempt is to bring them back to life in the hopes that they will be used as the wonderful tools of creation they once were. Where applicable I use Richard Binders website for repair information, Pen Identification and a myriad of other nuggets of wisdom. I have replaced the sacs in these pens, cleaned and polished them. They have been reassembled with care and as much precision as I am able to accomplish. All my writing samples are conducted by myself or my wife and with the pen featured in this classified.

1. Belmont BCHR Lever Filler - Quite the special pen, the BCHR is in amazing condition, sharp and black with no defects and VERY few microscratches. Their is some wear to the green celluloid cap top but it is cosmetic and not too bad. The pen itself features a Warranted 14K Fine Left Oblique nib that is quite soft, beginning to flex upon normal writing therefore it is often difficult to achieve a proper F line with it. With proper slow writing the pen flexes magnificently and the feed allows for a very wet flow laying down line variation up to BBB. The iridium on the nib is still intact having been ground at a 15 degree angle . I am not aware of who ground the nib but they made a very nice LO flex pen. - [85 reduced to] 80 USD

2. Conklin Celluloid Lever Filler - A truly amazing pen while the celluloid has begun to experience discoloration and the ringtop is missing, the nib itself is absolutely marvelous. This pen features a F/M Toledo Super Flex, nearly Wet Noodle, nib. With the pen's weight only it writes a Fine, bordering on EF line. However, once you begin to write normally the nib begins to spread to a Medium-Broad as it is very soft. As you go through the progression of adding tiny amounts of pressure you with slow writing the tines spread up to BBBB and just beyond. Max Flex with slow deliberate strokes puts it ~2.5mm. The feed keeps up with the nib as long as you write slowly, this pen can't take fast flex writing above BB, but it can max out with wet, juicy, massive lines. The lever and cap bands are firm and functional. No dings, dents, bites or cracks. - [125 reduced to] 115 USD SOLD

Payment via Paypal only
Shipping to CONUS via USPS Priority Mail - $5.95 USD.
Insurance available upon request at the buyers cost.
Will combine shipping on multiple pen purchases.
Will consider international shipping on a case by case basis (PM me for specifics).

Open to reasonable offers via PM.

AZBennett
March 28th, 2015, 07:55 PM
Price Drop

AZBennett
March 28th, 2015, 08:00 PM
Free Shipping plus two 4ml Ink samples through Sunday 3/29/15 on either pen.

AZBennett
March 29th, 2015, 09:54 AM
Conklin on hold pending payment

AZBennett
March 31st, 2015, 09:58 AM
Conklin Sold
Belmont - 80 USD with Free Shipping to Continental United States through April 3rd.