PDA

View Full Version : Change ink sac in a Webster hard rubber (Junior?) pen

jagarpether
March 21st, 2015, 05:23 PM
Hi.

I got this nice Webster pen of an auction for $15 at the swedish ebay (Tradera).
It have a dried up ink sac that need to be replaced, how do i remove the section in the best way. I found a similar pen on the internet and on that pen it seems like the section is removed just beneath the threads, is that correct?

It has a nice 14k warranted #2 nib with som nice flex, but the tines are a little misaligned where the left tine is a little higher than the right. I think it works fine to write with but it would be nice to fix that too.

And does anyone knows where i can find a new ring to the top of the cap?

Best regard Pether

jagarpether
March 22nd, 2015, 10:56 AM
I got it open with a heat gun and changed the ink sac and the tines on the nib, this is a smooth writer now.

The only thing left is a ring for the top of the cap. Where can i get one of those?

/Pether

gweddig
March 22nd, 2015, 01:59 PM
The only thing left is a ring for the top of the cap. Where can i get one of those?

/Pether

Well done, looks like a good nib. I'm not sure about Europe but I know there are rings here: http://www.vintagepens.com/catill_nibs_parts.shtml

Or look for a parts pen you can take one out of.

--greg

imobl
March 22nd, 2015, 03:57 PM
A jeweler - one that makes jewelry and not just a retailer - should be able to make you
a ring if you cannot find one ready made.

J H S
April 20th, 2015, 10:18 AM
I fuse silver, not a pro, and agree a jeweler will be able to make you a nice ring out of the material you choose. Depending on where you live, you might find someone who makes chain mail. Those folks can make rings!