PDA

View Full Version : My new Monteverde Invincia Stylus 1.1mm stub

wiz9777
August 24th, 2012, 01:23 AM
When I saw KrazyIvan's review "Monteverde Artista Crystal Hand Written Review" I almost ordered the pen on the spot. But, I didn't want another medium nib. What I really wanted was a pen that I can use as my everyday writer, that has a stub. I watched the FPGeeks YouTube video about this pen, and I saw that SBREBrown just picked one up at the DC pen show. I figured that I needed to order the pen before he does his review. I wanted to get it before everyone sells out of them!
All joking aside, I really like this pen and I can't wait to use it in the grocery store on the digital signature pad. Hopefully someone in the line will say "Wow! Look at this Geek using his own pen to sign the pad!"

BTW, KrazyIvan has a great review of the non-stylus version of this pen called "Monteverde Invincia Stealth 1.1 mm Review".

outbackpengeek
August 24th, 2012, 01:58 AM
I have the same pen, with the same nib, and in general I'm very happy with it. I do find though that the nib dries out unless I periodically wind the converter down to get rid of the air gap - this is the only pen I've ever had this happen on. Apart from that though, wonderful solid pen for the price.

wiz9777
August 24th, 2012, 03:00 AM
I have to do that with the first FP that I made.
As I am using this pen it looks like I might have the same problem. The first page that I did I had no problems. The 2nd page I did start to have some start issues.

snedwos
August 24th, 2012, 03:46 AM
I have the same pen, with the same nib, and in general I'm very happy with it. I do find though that the nib dries out unless I periodically wind the converter down to get rid of the air gap - this is the only pen I've ever had this happen on. Apart from that though, wonderful solid pen for the price.

That's what happens to me with my Waterman perspective. Luckily, I have found an ink that seems to show better with the drier flow. Diamine Havasu Turquoise.

KrazyIvan
August 24th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Nice!

I find that my Invincia Stealth is very wet with the included black ink CARTRIDGE. Yup, surprised me too.

wiz9777
August 25th, 2012, 02:31 AM
Ok, when I got home after work, I dumped the violet ink and filled it up with Noodler's Gruene Cactus. The pen worked great. I left the pen un-capped for a few minutes. No problems. I dumped half the converter and filled it back up with air. No problems. I did the un-capped thing again. No problems.

What I guess I am trying to say is my pen likes green much better than violet. I hope it likes Noodler's X-feather as much as the Gruene Cactus, because that is the ink that I have been using everyday.

outbackpengeek
August 25th, 2012, 04:34 AM
Ok, when I got home after work, I dumped the violet ink...

Curiouser and curiouser! I have mine filled with Noodler's Purple Martin (the first ink I've tried in it). I'll have to reserve judgement on the flow issues until I get a chance to try an non-purple ink.

Greg Minuskin
August 25th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Wow, you can do some serious Gothic lettering with this pen; I would like to know how sharp the cross stroke is for you; any issues with skipping?

Greg Minuskin
www.gregminuskin.com
greg@gregminuskin.com

southpaw52
August 25th, 2012, 12:53 PM
The more reviews I read about Montverde the more I want one. I had a Mountverde several years ago, it it had an extreme issue with flow and it skipped.
I sense the line of Mountverde does not have these issues.

KrazyIvan
August 25th, 2012, 01:34 PM
The cross stroke is very smooth, at least on mine. Under magnification, the edges look rounded and very CI-like.

wiz9777
August 26th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Moleskine paper, Noodler's Gruene Cactus ink

I am not the best at this, but here goes.
I hope you can see what you wanted to on this.
The only skipping or start up problems that I have had is when there is a big air bubble in the converter. More so with the violet ink than the Gruene. Next I am going to try some X-feather.

Btw, My hand is much steadier when I don't slam 2 large energy drinks.

The Ruffled Quill
August 28th, 2012, 12:01 AM
I had start issues with my Monteverde Napa 1.1mm stub - using Noodlers Liberty's Elysium but on changing to Noodlers Blue Eel problem over!

naimitsu
February 18th, 2015, 02:23 PM
I have a Monteverde Impressa with the 1.1mm stub nib. It has a fantastic heft to it if you like heavier pens.

I have tried the following inks in the pen:
Diamine Ox Blood
Diamine Red Dragon
Faber Castel Moss Green
Private Reserve Ebony Green
Private Reserve Black Cherry
Diamine Syrah
de Atramentis Oriental Red

The only one that showed any issue with drying out was the Diamine Syrah, though it might have been because the tines of the nib were separated slightly too much, which may be due to me pushing down too hard (it took me about 2 weeks to get the hang of the nib). I had gotten into the habit of tapping the nib on a finger until it started to write.

Now the de Atramentis Oriental Red has the opposite problem! It's flowing too easily and creating one heck of a mess of my handwriting. Not to mention I accidentally put the ink in the wrong converter first and when I tipped it opening side down (which isn't usually a problem with other inks), it decided to let loose and spill all over the counter.

raibtoffoletto
February 26th, 2015, 10:09 PM
Nice pen! The stub looks very smooth to do a nice cursive.
Just a question, why did you try to flex it in your review?
Even being a small "italic" it has a nice line variation as far I could see...