PDA

View Full Version : Considering a Midori

slillis20
March 23rd, 2015, 09:43 PM
I know there have been plenty of reviews on the Midori notebooks and I have read or watched many of them. I have been thinking about getting one for some time and I would appreciate hearing feedback from someone who has been using one for some time. Specifically, I am wondering if the location of the knot is problematic. I think it could be an issue for me, but would love to hear from others on whether or not it is really that big of an issue. Thanks!

rwodaski
March 23rd, 2015, 11:43 PM
Funny you should raise that issue. It was impossible for me to cope with, especially because I mostly draw.

I just got rid of the band. The notebook stays closed well enough on its own.

Empty_of_Clouds
March 24th, 2015, 04:03 AM
I haven't had any issues with mine as yet. I did toy with the idea of removing it and using a Delfonics strap as a closure. Might still do that.

cwent2
March 24th, 2015, 07:48 AM
Do they still place the band in the middle of the cover? When I "made" mine, I put the band on the spine.

dgator
March 24th, 2015, 02:06 PM
No problems with my Midori Passport.

KrazyIvan
March 24th, 2015, 03:17 PM
Spine placement of the elastic knot feels better to me. Cwent2 Was kind enough to make a fauxdori for me some time ago and it is the perfect placement for me. The knot on the back cover is not noticeable until you get a few pages from the end of the notebook. You can place folders or pockets in between the back cover and your notebooks so it is never an issue.

tandaina
March 24th, 2015, 03:27 PM
I have a faudori partly for that reason, I want my book the lay flat and with the knot where it is, it doesn't. I also wanted three elastics in the spine so I didn't have to use those silly rubber bands to put more than one book in it. I bought one off Etsy with three spine elastics and the elastic that holds it one knotted in the spine. Much nicer for me than the real deal.

sgtstretch
March 24th, 2015, 04:37 PM
I have a faudori partly for that reason, I want my book the lay flat and with the knot where it is, it doesn't. I also wanted three elastics in the spine so I didn't have to use those silly rubber bands to put more than one book in it. I bought one off Etsy with three spine elastics and the elastic that holds it one knotted in the spine. Much nicer for me than the real deal.

What shop did you get yours from?

velo
March 25th, 2015, 12:16 AM
I have a Midori Passport. I use at least 5 different types of inserts; 2 notebooks, stickies and both the plastic and cardboard holders. There's enough padding so that I don't feel the knot. The rubber bands don't bother me either. On their website they show you how to bind everything together properly.

Waski_the_Squirrel
March 25th, 2015, 05:23 PM
I was nervous about the knot in the back, but it turns out not to be an issue.

The Midori is not designed to be used like a regular notebook. The knot would make me crazy in the notebooks I use for novel writing or taking notes for classes. However, the Midori gets used to jot quick notes or in settings where it is not laying flat on a table. Since it's in my hand or lap when I write with it, and I'm not writing pages and pages of notes (except possibly at a meeting where I can't use a table or regular notebook), it doesn't bother me at all.

cwent2
March 25th, 2015, 05:28 PM
Spine placement of the elastic knot feels better to me. Cwent2 Was kind enough to make a fauxdori for me some time ago and it is the perfect placement for me. The knot on the back cover is not noticeable until you get a few pages from the end of the notebook. You can place folders or pockets in between the back cover and your notebooks so it is never an issue.

Thanks for the mention Krazy! -- How ya be?