PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Yet another Pen Trio PIF: Now with added surprise!

Sailor Kenshin
March 27th, 2015, 07:34 AM
We're having a three-for-one deal here at the Fountain Pen Rialto:

Black and Copper and a Surprise

Nothing too scary in this PIF...unless you count the FUDE NIB! Screeeaaaam!

Fude nibs turn up at the end and in the normal course of events, they write like triple-Bs. Turned upside-down, they write a hairline. Some people can squeeze line variation out of them with a flick of the well-trained, talented wrist. I ain't one of 'em, but they are interesting to play with and perfect to show off light, shading inks.

From left to right:

One GuiGan, self-filling with a B nib! Medium to heavy weight, smooth.

One Hero 395, chased 'copper' finish, self-filler, perhaps a bit of flex in the nib if you squint hard, medium-heavyish weight pen.

The fude! Hero 501-1. Black. This has a big upturned nib and is a c/c filler with one cart of PR Spearmint included. It's metal. So heaviness is implied.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7640/16890519306_1fd178f5e6_c.jpg

As before... CONUS only. Offer open for one week from posting.

The surprise? Remains to be seen. Only when your package arrives will you know! Muahahaaaaaaa.

Laura N
March 27th, 2015, 08:34 AM
Is the surprise ... an ear of corn? :)

akapulko2020
March 27th, 2015, 08:44 AM
What a nice PIF [emoji5] Not an entry

Sailor Kenshin
March 27th, 2015, 08:47 AM
Is the surprise ... an ear of corn? :)

If I TOLD you...it wouldn't be a surprise. ;)

But I can safely say, No Corn. Not after the winter we've had.

Losbol
March 27th, 2015, 01:18 PM
I ma all in for surprise zo please ... Count me in!

Losbol
March 27th, 2015, 01:19 PM
In proper language: please count me in. Thanks

fncll
March 27th, 2015, 01:46 PM
You know...shipping to Alaska from anywhere in the US doesn't cost any more---if using USPS---than to anywhere else in the US...it just takes a little while longer! (c in Alaska, who really does live in the US with US currency and all that :) [which is not to say I don't appreciate the generosity of this and other PIFs! I just wish Alaska weren't excluded so often for ... sometimes ... no material reason.]

Sailor Kenshin
March 27th, 2015, 02:20 PM
CONUS means AK and HI as well.

carlos.q
March 27th, 2015, 02:22 PM
You know...shipping to Alaska from anywhere in the US doesn't cost any more---if using USPS---than to anywhere else in the US...it just takes a little while longer! (c in Alaska, who really does live in the US with US currency and all that :) [which is not to say I don't appreciate the generosity of this and other PIFs! I just wish Alaska weren't excluded so often for ... sometimes ... no material reason.]

Hey, the same thing happens with USPS shipping to Puerto Rico: it costs the same but it just takes a little bit longer... and we're not a state of the US just a good old fashioned 19th century colonial possession.

PS. This is not an entry just a little blow-off-your-steam friday afternoon rant. :mad2:

PPS. Nice PIF! :focus:

fncll
March 27th, 2015, 02:26 PM

That's cool, though a new one on me since in general use CONUS means "contiguous united states" and excludes AK and HI. Otherwise "US Only" is probably clearer. But then there's poor Puerto Rico :) Thanks!

ejaycock
March 27th, 2015, 05:49 PM
I have always wanted to try a fude nib! Please include me in this pif. Thank you

caribbean_skye
March 27th, 2015, 07:12 PM
i have always wanted to try a fude nib, I would love to be considered.

cwent2
March 27th, 2015, 07:32 PM
i have always wanted to try a fude nib, I would love to be considered.

What she said, +! thank you for the opportunity

jadehawk
March 27th, 2015, 11:23 PM
Don't even know what a fude nib is. .please include me in this pif. Thank you. .

phonelady61
March 28th, 2015, 06:20 AM
I want to try a fude nib as well please include me as well .

Sailor Kenshin
March 28th, 2015, 07:59 AM

That's cool, though a new one on me since in general use CONUS means "contiguous united states" and excludes AK and HI. Otherwise "US Only" is probably clearer. But then there's poor Puerto Rico :) Thanks!

Yeah, but it sounds cooler and more Mystery-Ink-y. ;)

Dronak
March 28th, 2015, 09:13 AM
FWIW, here's Wikipedia's info on "CONUS": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contiguous_United_States#CONUS_and_OCONUS. My reading is that Alaska might or might not be included, but Hawaii wouldn't be included, and apparently DC might not even be included. Given the info there, I'd agree with fncll that there are probably clearer ways to describe exactly what's included, especially when there could be some misunderstanding from using an abbreviation/acronym (particularly one with some ambiguity).

Also, thanks for the offer, but I'm not going to enter. I'll leave the pens for others who are more interested in these models than I am.

TerraNoir
March 28th, 2015, 11:34 AM
I would love to try out a fude nib. Please count me in!! This is an awesome PIF!

sgtstretch
March 28th, 2015, 05:30 PM
I'd also love to try out a fude nib. Please add me!

Neo
March 28th, 2015, 05:41 PM
Not an entry, great PIF idea!

Curtisvan
March 28th, 2015, 11:28 PM
Please add me.

RayCornett
March 30th, 2015, 01:07 PM
I would like to enter. I am mainly interested in trying a fude nib. I would probably PIF the others.

necrotic
March 30th, 2015, 09:38 PM
Not in, but thanks very much!

TarBlue
March 31st, 2015, 07:01 AM
I would like to enter my name. Thanks for the opportunity!

Sailor Kenshin
April 1st, 2015, 01:29 PM
Oops.

Due to 'circumstances,' I have to end this a day early...Thursday, not Friday. Winner will be announced late Thursday afternoon. Thank you for your patience. ;)

Scrawler
April 1st, 2015, 04:57 PM
Not an entry. I have always wondered what those Chinese calligraphy nibs were like, not that I have the skill to use one. The idea of rolling up and down to get variation seems strange to me.

Sailor Kenshin
April 2nd, 2015, 02:07 PM
All righty then.

When the Random Numberizer Generatortron stopped giving me the numbers of my own posts, it landed on Post Number 14. That means Jadehawk!

Please PM me your address and I'll get this in the mail early next week. Thanks to everyone else who played along and watch for future PIFs.

Still awaiting Jadehawk's address....

PIF will go into rotation again if winner doesn't want it.

Sailor Kenshin
April 6th, 2015, 07:25 PM
I would love to try out a fude nib. Please count me in!! This is an awesome PIF!

Original random winner did not respond.

The Randomizer has selected again. And it picked #18 this time: TerraNoir.

Please send PM. Offer now closed.

Never fear. There will be more PIFs.

TerraNoir
April 7th, 2015, 02:36 PM
This really made my day! Thank you so much Sailor Kenshin for the PIF and everything!

fqgouvea
April 7th, 2015, 08:14 PM
Sounds very nice, count me in. I love " if you squint hard"!

[QUOTE=Sailor Kenshin;123045]We're having a three-for-one deal here at the Fountain Pen Rialto:

Black and Copper and a Surprise

Nothing too scary in this PIF...unless you count the FUDE NIB! Screeeaaaam!

Fude nibs turn up at the end and in the normal course of events, they write like triple-Bs. Turned upside-down, they write a hairline. Some people can squeeze line variation out of them with a flick of the well-trained, talented wrist. I ain't one of 'em, but they are interesting to play with and perfect to show off light, shading inks.

Sailor Kenshin
April 8th, 2015, 05:02 PM
This really made my day! Thank you so much Sailor Kenshin for the PIF and everything!

You're welcome! Package went in the mail today.

jadehawk
April 18th, 2015, 05:19 AM
I still want to say thank you.. Hate when I am sick and forget to reconnect to my online world!.. I'll win again in the future lol!! congrats TerraNoir

fqgouvea
April 19th, 2015, 02:27 PM
Please consider me. Fade nibs are strangely interesting, and surprises are always good.

fqgouvea
April 19th, 2015, 02:29 PM
Gag. I hate auto-correct. It's Fude, dumb machine.