PDA

View Full Version : I miss my inks but look what arrived today.....

migo984
March 29th, 2015, 09:44 PM
I'm having a really wonderful time in Australia and I love the place; the scenery, the weather, the friendly people, the space, the laid-back lifestyle.......BUT I had to leave my extensive ink collection at home in the UK, and I'm missing those bottles so much :( Then the lovely Atsu Tanaka came to my rescue and offered me two bottles of Maruzen Athena limited edition inks; the Nihombashi Kirin and the Nihombashi Midori. So to make the "parting a much sweeter sorrow", I gave into his temptation and ordered a bottle of each, plus a bottle of Joyful-2 Purple Heart. They arrived in the post today - a big bonus of being in Australia is that they only took 4 days to arrive from Japan. :)

Here are quick swabs of all three. First photo taken outside in sunshine, the second inside.

tandaina
March 29th, 2015, 09:58 PM
Oh the world of Japanese inks. Serioulsy, I have discovered them and I am in love. On the West Coast of the US they arrive pretty quickly too, totally worth it. :) Love that first swatch.

Jon Szanto
March 29th, 2015, 09:58 PM
Gosh, those are lovely!

pica pica
March 29th, 2015, 10:52 PM
The Maruzen Athena looks even nicer than my favourite green Vert Empire. Thanks migo!

Crazyorange
March 30th, 2015, 08:58 AM
Beautiful :)

inklord
March 30th, 2015, 09:04 AM
beeeeautiful... right up my alley!

inlovewithjournals
March 30th, 2015, 10:04 AM
Gorgeous. Truly.

Lady Onogaro
March 30th, 2015, 10:14 AM
All of them are beautiful, but I especially love the Joyful-2 Purple Heart.

Cob
March 30th, 2015, 10:49 AM
The blue at the top is reminiscent of R&K Verdigris is it not?

A very nice colour indeed.

Rgds

Cob

migo984
March 30th, 2015, 02:03 PM
The blue at the top is reminiscent of R&K Verdigris is it not?

A very nice colour indeed.

Rgds

Cob

Hi Cob. Verdigris is one of my very favourite inks, as you know :-) Sadly I don't have any here with me.........yet!! From memory, the Athena is more grey-blue and doesn't have the same green undertone of Verdigris, nor does it do that interesting colour change trick of going down rich blue and turning greeny-blue. I find R & K to have very different performance characteristics too.