PDA

View Full Version : Franklin Christoph new pen

Crazyorange
March 31st, 2015, 12:49 PM
I just got an email from FC about a new pen. Looks wonderful. They are now making their music nib with anodize finish. Makes the pen look http://

www.franklin-christoph.com/model-20-marietta.html

migo984
March 31st, 2015, 01:44 PM
I just got an email from FC about a new pen. Looks wonderful. They are now making their music nib with anodize finish. Makes the pen look http://

www.franklin-christoph.com/model-20-marietta.html (http://www.franklin-christoph.com/model-20-marietta.html)

I just saw the email about the Model 20 too. At last, a new pen on the market that's not all swirly colours, pastel prettiness with glitzy trim or slippery metal sections. Very classic looking & nicely understated. I like the look of the Shadow steel nib too, but 1.9mm isn't really a useable size for me.

That looks like my kind of pen. I'm tempted........

Crazyorange
March 31st, 2015, 01:45 PM
It is your pen!!! Totally has your name on it.

Tracy Lee
March 31st, 2015, 02:21 PM
{Sighs} Another black pen. :-( I want them to make one that isn't black. The ice is alright . . .

Neo
March 31st, 2015, 02:30 PM
{Sighs} Another black pen. :-( I want them to make one that isn't black. The ice is alright . . .

What's your favorite color?

migo984
March 31st, 2015, 02:40 PM
It is your pen!!! Totally has your name on it.

Doesn't it just! :) I'm tempted..........

migo984
March 31st, 2015, 02:41 PM

I have a bright orange F-C Model 27, so they're not all black.:)

Crazyorange
March 31st, 2015, 02:42 PM

I'm with you. That would be a sharp looking pen in blue or deep red.

Tracy Lee
March 31st, 2015, 03:05 PM

What's your favorite color?
With pens I don't need my favorite color, just color. Often depends on the style of the pen, too. I do see they have models with color bands or sections or end caps and such but the plain black body of the pen doesn't call to me at all. I do love their nibs. I visit their table at pen shows always, and watch for new releases. One of these days one will call to me.

VertOlive
March 31st, 2015, 04:41 PM
I love my Pendleton Brown SE 19 with the apple green bands and the edgy music nib. These are gorgeous pens. But I have one all black pen and don't want more. Orange would be a tempter though...

Jon Szanto
March 31st, 2015, 04:46 PM
With pens I don't need my favorite color, just color...

You and your Clown Pens! I swear, all this color here and color there and...

Aw, shit, I just looked at my pen tray. Nevermind.

:D

Bogon07
March 31st, 2015, 04:59 PM

Clown pens where ? We need more clown pens!

Tracy Lee, I recall seeing some FC pens in emerald green that looked nice.

Neo
March 31st, 2015, 05:04 PM
Perhaps we can start the Clown Pen ​Society....

inklord
March 31st, 2015, 05:18 PM
There's also the solid emerald and the smoke pens... Another new one at F-C is the 66 pocket, small and clipless, like a shrunk 66 desk pen, and with a No. 6 nib which looks ginormous on that little stump of a pen :) (mine's supposed to be in the mailbox tomorrow...)
Oh, and I like any color, as long as it can be easily mistaken for black :P (Clear works in a pinch)

Tracy Lee
March 31st, 2015, 06:08 PM

This. This is why I love you guys and this place.

Crazyorange
March 31st, 2015, 06:42 PM
I love my Pendleton Brown SE 19 with the apple green bands and the edgy music nib. These are gorgeous pens. But I have one all black pen and don't want more. Orange would be a tempter though...

Go vert!!!! A woman after my own heart.

Crazyorange
March 31st, 2015, 06:43 PM

I'm in.
Maybe we can make a pin....like the black pen people.....Like a small clown car filled with colorful pens?

Neo
March 31st, 2015, 06:53 PM

I'm in.
Maybe we can make a pin....like the black pen people.....Like a small clown car filled with colorful pens?

That's is a great idea! And the meetings should at MacDonalds......

alc3261
March 31st, 2015, 07:04 PM

I have got a #65 in Emerald Green - very nice.

earthdawn
March 31st, 2015, 08:23 PM
After watching the video I just wanna hold one and uncap it... then cap it... then uncap it.. then cap it.

I feel like if I got one it would be like when I got my Vanishing Point... I could not stop clicking it.

NICE pen though. F~C has really stood to their roots with style.... and I like it a lot

kbrede
April 1st, 2015, 12:34 AM
The model 20 coupled with a broad Masuyama italc is currently my favorite pen. It just fits my hand perfectly. I love that there are no threads. I read somewhere in a couple months or so they will be releasing a model 20 in a different color.

Kent

Jeph
April 1st, 2015, 09:02 AM
I am glad that they took the step to snap-cap pens. My wallet is only (probably) safe due to the lack of a clown version.

reprieve
April 1st, 2015, 12:33 PM
Snap cap? Masuyama nib? I'm very tempted. If it came in Emerald, I don't think I'd be able to resist. The black version is very elegant though.

JerryVK
April 2nd, 2015, 08:34 AM
You made me do it, I didn't want to do it....... (well, really I did). I ordered mine yesterday with the fine nib. It is to arrive next week. It looks so smooth and clean. I can't wait.

Later: I got it and exchanged it for an 02 Emerald.

KrazyIvan
April 2nd, 2015, 09:50 AM
I don't like snap caps but the practicality is hard to deny.

Crazyorange
April 2nd, 2015, 11:26 AM
You made me do it, I didn't want to do it....... (well, really I did). I ordered mine yesterday with the fine nib. It is to arrive next week. It looks so smooth and clean. I can't wait.

Ok....we're making you post pictures when it arrives.

jde
April 2nd, 2015, 01:20 PM
I think this is pretty awesome idea: an acrylic ED'able pen with a slip cap.

I'm with you, Tracy Lee, about black pens. F-C said in their email that this pen will come in more colors.

I've found with F-C that it never hurts to ask about colors, even when there are none to be seen on the website. I got my #65 in Emerald Green before they went live on the site, just because I asked if they were ever going to make the #65 in anything but black. Esp. in the emerald green! As it happened, they had one available.

Very few of the F-C styles appeal to me, but a couple do. This new one included. F-C does a lot of neat things, IMHO.

klpeabody
April 2nd, 2015, 06:27 PM
I think this is pretty awesome idea: an acrylic ED'able pen with a slip cap.

I'm with you, Tracy Lee, about black pens. F-C said in their email that this pen will come in more colors.

I've found with F-C that it never hurts to ask about colors, even when there are none to be seen on the website. I got my #65 in Emerald Green before they went live on the site, just because I asked if they were ever going to make the #65 in anything but black. Esp. in the emerald green! As it happened, they had one available.

Very few of the F-C styles appeal to me, but a couple do. This new one included. F-C does a lot of neat things, IMHO.

Julie, you have a #65 in Emerald Green? I'm jealous. =)

I really like the #65, but for whatever reason, I keep having a hankering for that #25 Eclipse with the semi-hooded nib. I just really like the look of it. Oh, and then there's the #02 Intrinsic. The #20 also appeals to me very much, too. There is just something very sleek about it, especially with the shadow music nib. They all look so good. This is how I just run around in circles, because I can't make up my mind. What stops me is that I can't make a decision. =)

stevekolt
April 3rd, 2015, 12:04 PM
I got my Model 19 with King's Gold Bands and an 18K Masuyama medium stub nib on Wednesday, and my Model 20 should be getting to my PO tomorrow :)

kaisnowbird
April 4th, 2015, 07:49 PM
I really like the #65, but for whatever reason, I keep having a hankering for that #25 Eclipse with the semi-hooded nib. I just really like the look of it. Oh, and then there's the #02 Intrinsic. The #20 also appeals to me very much, too. There is just something very sleek about it, especially with the shadow music nib. They all look so good. This is how I just run around in circles, because I can't make up my mind. What stops me is that I can't make a decision. =)

Same here. My indecisiveness has saved me quite a bit of money, but the craving doesn't get easier over time.

At the moment, I'm tossing between:
- emerald or solid ice 65, or
- smoke & ice 02

I'm usually not a big fan of ED fill, but the thought of ink sloshing around in that ice finish is just irresistible.

The choices will be even harder when they release a non-black model 20. The voices in my head will go berserk. :argue:

pengeezer
April 22nd, 2015, 07:20 PM
I haven't been a big fan of F-C pens,in the past,but after looking at their website I have to say that I like the model
19 in that smoke grey w/cinnamaroon bands. I'm also impressed with the way they put their name on their pen caps--
it looks professional without being over the top. If they come to the Miami pen show,I will have to see if they have one.

John

kenmc
April 29th, 2015, 09:06 AM
I got the first one they shipped, :angel:
I find it the best yet! It feels great in my hand and like all my F-C pens, writes great. I've been begging them to make something in a brown tint.

Crazyorange
April 29th, 2015, 02:37 PM
I got the first one they shipped, :angel:
I find it the best yet! It feels great in my hand and like all my F-C pens, writes great. I've been begging them to make something in a brown tint.

No pics [emoji20]?

kenmc
April 29th, 2015, 03:07 PM
I can't figure out how to post pics on here but I am downloading an app on my iPhone and maybe I'll be able to then. Sorry!

Crazyorange
April 29th, 2015, 03:18 PM
No problem. I understand. I can only post pics from my phone via tap talk.

kenmc
April 29th, 2015, 03:29 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/29/42ca34aef490ea0216acc388349bf6c6.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/29/a3a5980da6488ee5f32e06ac677a7a7b.jpg
Like?

kenmc
April 29th, 2015, 03:41 PM
I put the shadow nib on my 66

kenmc
April 29th, 2015, 03:42 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/29/c195133d79918910090458f169436c26.jpg

Crazyorange
April 30th, 2015, 05:41 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/29/42ca34aef490ea0216acc388349bf6c6.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/29/a3a5980da6488ee5f32e06ac677a7a7b.jpg
Like?

I'm not one for black, but the shape is beautiful. Congrats!