PDA

View Full Version : Stainless Steel 2000 Now Available

82-Greg
August 28th, 2012, 06:14 PM
At least a few online venders are now offering the Lamy 2000. Does anyone have one yet?

I can hardly contain my enthusiasm!

KrazyIvan
August 29th, 2012, 08:26 AM
I think Eric mentioned he had one ordered.

Bogon07
August 30th, 2012, 05:52 AM
I would suggest trying one before buying as it weighs a fair bit more than the fibreglass version.

outbackpengeek
August 31st, 2012, 02:22 AM
I have one in my hand right now. I know that on paper it weighs like twice as much as the makralon version, but I was surprised that I don't perceive it as being overly heavy (but I don't post as well). The pen itself is lovely, the feel of the brushed metal is great in the hand. The only little thing I can criticize is that you lose the cool 'hidden' transition to the blind cap on the makralon version...you can see the line there. It's not a problem at all, but it was something I liked about the old one. All in all I'm extremely happy with the pen.

KrazyIvan
August 31st, 2012, 11:03 AM
So, as far as balance is concerned, you feel it did not suffer?

outbackpengeek
August 31st, 2012, 08:38 PM
So, as far as balance is concerned, you feel it did not suffer?
Not at all (again with the caveat that I don't post it). The pen feels balanced in the hand, with a slight bias towards the nib. Speaking of the nib, mine is a medium, and it is wet and smooth.

dannzeman
August 31st, 2012, 10:58 PM
I got mine yesterday and love it. To me, the increase in weight is easily noticeable but not problematic. And I do post it. Eric and I both got a Fine nib, he says his is a little dry but mine is spot on perfect - not wet or dry.

brandonh
September 7th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Nice! Dan, will ya'll be doing a full-blown review once you've put it through its paces? My initial reactions from a month ago still stand. It's a great pen.

dannzeman
September 7th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Nice! Dan, will ya'll be doing a full-blown review once you've put it through its paces? My initial reactions from a month ago still stand. It's a great pen.
We have it on the schedule, but I don't why considering yours is already out there.

OcalaFlGuy
September 8th, 2012, 07:42 AM
IMO it should hereafter be referred to as the Lamy 2KM

Is that bad or what?

Bruce in Ocala, FL

tiffanyhenschel
November 29th, 2012, 11:23 AM
I bought this pen five days ago, and I love it enough that -- for now -- I have flushed my other pens and am letting them take a siesta.
I am one of the strange minority who does NOT like the original Lamy 2000. I can't stand how it feels in my hand. The balance on this one is just right, though, and the brushed stainless steel is awesome.

Adhizen
May 22nd, 2013, 04:28 PM
I going to end up purchasing this pen soon. The price has dropped. I just purchased the Lamy Dialogue 3 a couple of weeks ago from Jet pens and really happy with that pen. I had the opportunity to play a round with the rollerball version of the 2000 and really liked the feel of the stainless steel finish. Very warm and smooth to the touch. The architecture of the pen is very nice too... very Bauhaus.