PDA

View Full Version : Tomoe River in the UK

Holsworth
April 2nd, 2015, 10:52 AM
I thought it might be of interest to fellow UK Geeks that the beautiful stationery shop Choosing Keeping is now selling Tomoe River. She has them in A4 pads of 100 sheets, in white or cream. I was in the shop today and of course bought one. They're £25 and will be going on her website soon.

migo984
April 2nd, 2015, 11:49 AM
I thought it might be of interest to fellow UK Geeks that the beautiful stationery shop Choosing Keeping is now selling Tomoe River. She has them in A4 pads of 100 sheets, in white or cream. I was in the shop today and of course bought one. They're £25 and will be going on her website soon.

That is really expensive compared to other sources!

Holsworth
April 2nd, 2015, 12:43 PM

I wasn't aware of anywhere else in the UK that sold it?

da vinci
April 2nd, 2015, 01:54 PM

:) where is the shop located?

migo984
April 2nd, 2015, 02:26 PM

I wasn't aware of anywhere else in the UK that sold it?

There are sellers in the Classifieds in pen forums. Best I've bought at - £12 per 100s pad and €13 per 100 loose sheets + a bit of shipping.
It'd even probably be cheaper to buy from US + shipping as 100s pads can be bought for $14.

Given that the paper is available at $79 per 4000 sheets on Rakuten Japan (retail), at current yen exchange rate, even with shipping etc added, £25 per 100s is very expensive & that shop (or their supplier) is adding huge oncosts.

Chrissy
April 2nd, 2015, 03:08 PM
I'm just about to sell one of my 100 sheet pads for much less than £25 to a UK person who wants one

Holsworth
April 3rd, 2015, 02:02 AM

:) where is the shop located?

On Colombia Road. Which may also go some way to explaining the higher price - a brick and mortar store in a location like that will have much higher overheads than someone just selling online. Personally it's a price I'm happy with, and I'm much more willing to support a small independent business in the UK than paying more in shipping to get it from another country than the item costs (which is the only way I've ever seen it on US websites).

carlc
May 9th, 2015, 02:09 PM
I just found today that Cult Pens now stocks Tomoe River.

Chrissy
May 9th, 2015, 02:15 PM
I just found today that Cult Pens now stocks Tomoe River.

Yes that's true. It's quite expensive as a pad.

carlc
May 9th, 2015, 02:18 PM
To be honest I'm not a huge paper geek. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a mark up for cachet/rarity value (UK wise).

I've ordered a sampler to get an order over the free postage limit.