PDA

View Full Version : Parker Vector LooneyTunes TAZ

Bogon07
August 29th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Parker Vector Looney Tunes ''TAZ'' from Pilotfish Pens UK $10.50AUD including shipping. The delivery was fast 10days from UK to Australia. It came in the silver Parker box shown below which was inside a white cardboard slip case. The pen came with a blue ink cartridge.

The pen has a plastic body with the Warner Bros Looney Tunes character TAZ the Tasmanian Devil screen printed (?) and some abstracted backgrounds including a sort of grey tartan. The grip section appears to be a brushed stainless steel and there is a metal end on the body to allow the cap to be snuggly posted.

The plastic cap has the same grey tartan and a metal clip. The cap fits the pen securely with a satisfying click.
It is a light and compact pen that is easy to write with. Probably feels slightly better unposted as the posted cap tends to shift the balance away from the nib but doesn't detract from the writing experience. The nib is a medium and has a smooth feel when writing.

It is a similar size to the Lamy Logo fountain pen but slightly lighter.

KrazyIvan
August 29th, 2012, 10:49 PM
My vector is tame compared to yours. :) Just solid black. The nib is a bit stubbish on mine. How's yours? I always wondered if that was stock or if somone ground mine. I bought mine used.

Bogon07
August 30th, 2012, 05:50 AM
I don't think this nib has been altered. It has a nice bit blob on the end and writes as a smooth medium with the cartridge ink.

Bogon07
April 13th, 2013, 11:13 PM
The Vector Collection + 1.
TAZ
Tweety Bird
Black Plastic
Baoer 801 Dark Green ShimmeringSand (an all metal pen)

the Black originally came with a fine nib which has been swapped to the Tweety Bird for Mrs Bogon to be used as her work pen until it was replaced by a Ruby Red Al-Star with 1.1 italic nib.

writingrav
April 14th, 2013, 06:33 AM
Does the Vector come with a converter? Can it fit one? Thanks.

gwgtaylor
April 14th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Does the Vector come with a converter? Can it fit one? Thanks.

They usually don't come with one but can fit both modern Parker converters--twist and slide.

Bogon07
April 14th, 2013, 09:50 PM
TAZ & Tweety both came with just a blue cartridge but the Black Vector came in a fancier plastic box with a converter and a couple of cartridges.

Barbara
April 16th, 2013, 05:52 PM
I do like the Tweety Bird! Great colours.