PDA

View Full Version : Custom Golden Blue Ocean Lamy Al Star Fountain Pen

grandmia
April 4th, 2015, 02:44 PM
Hi Guys

And another custom Lamy Al Star fountain pen, im calling this one Golden Blue Ocean. My favorite.

https://youtu.be/2qwNTVqeTgg

migo984
April 4th, 2015, 05:18 PM
Beautiful. I've used that method to marble papers with paints and dyes but didn't manage to achieve such a gorgeous result.

grandmia
April 5th, 2015, 01:08 PM
Beautiful. I've used that method to marble papers with paints and dyes but didn't manage to achieve such a gorgeous result.

Thanks. Yes this method was a little more difficult than i thought. Different paints and colours have different viscosity and some are harder to use especially metallic paint. I have seen the marbling effect done with numerous colours but in this case i wanted the blue to show under the gold which took some time to achieve. It was worth it in the end as the effect is lovely.

Bogon07
April 7th, 2015, 06:04 PM
Incredible that you've achieved marbling on an round object not merely a flat piece of paper.
The Copper one was fascinating too.

As per RobbieGTV's comment on Youtube a purple one with very subtle sparkles could be a goer.
Similar to the LE gloss Studios like the White Pearl or Wild Rubin.

grandmia
April 10th, 2015, 03:43 PM
Incredible that you've achieved marbling on an round object not merely a flat piece of paper.

As per RobbieGTV's comment on Youtube a purple one with very subtle sparkles could be a goer.
Thanks. The whole idea was to create something a little different, as apposed to a simple single colour. Unfortunately it appears people do not want to pay for the work involved so i have no plans to continue with any more.

Bogon07
April 13th, 2015, 05:42 PM
They are great examples of what can be achieved.

Maybe if you had worn a Kimono when you were doing it people would be more willing to pay for the work ?

tandaina
April 13th, 2015, 05:49 PM

Thanks. The whole idea was to create something a little different, as apposed to a simple single colour. Unfortunately it appears people do not want to pay for the work involved so i have no plans to continue with any more.

The Lamy *shape* doesn't work for me (hate that big blundering cap and clip), but what you have done with them is absolutely beautiful. I'd love to see what you could do with say a hand turned ebonite pen or similar. Something more streamlined that would bear up to the sophistication of your designs. :)

Sailor Kenshin
April 13th, 2015, 05:59 PM
I don't see where they are for sale.

earthdawn
April 13th, 2015, 08:57 PM
I don't see where they are for sale.

They are here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LAMY-AL-STAR-FOUNTAIN-PEN-HAND-PAINTED-and-HIGHLY-LACQUERED-/171747119129?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item27fced1019

&

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LAMY-AL-STAR-FOUNTAIN-PEN-HAND-PAINTED-AND-HIGHLY-LACQUERED-/171747122566?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item27fced1d86

Crazyorange
April 14th, 2015, 10:38 AM
That's a very reasonable price.

grandmia
April 14th, 2015, 03:10 PM
Hi guys...Thanks for your comments. I have thrown my Kimono away as i will not be continuing with these Lamy pens as they have been very disappointing. I have ordered my first ebonite pen and i will see if that is more saleable. O well plan B.

klpeabody
April 16th, 2015, 08:38 AM
Oh shoot. I didn't realize that these were being sold, to begin with. Sorry that I missed the boat, as I would be delighted to have one.

grandmia
April 21st, 2015, 12:37 AM
Oh shoot. I didn't realize that these were being sold, to begin with. Sorry that I missed the boat, as I would be delighted to have one.

You can still have one. Send me a PM if interested.