PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Vintage Flex: Moore L-72

AZBennett
April 4th, 2015, 07:20 PM
Disclaimer: I am a self-trained pen repairman who's been about this business for the better part of a year now. The pens I am offering up aren't usually Mint/Near Mint/Excellent condition and the prices reflect that fact. These were user grade pens from a bygone era. My attempt is to bring them back to life in the hopes that they will be used as the wonderful tools of creation they once were. Where applicable I use Richard Binders website for repair information, Pen Identification and a myriad of other nuggets of wisdom. I have replaced the sacs in these pens, cleaned and polished them. They have been reassembled with care and precision. All my writing samples are conducted by myself or my wife and with the pen featured in this classified. Questions are always welcome. Discounts are available on all multiple pen purchases over 75 USD.

Moore Pen Co. L-72 - This is an excellent condition Black Chased Hard Rubber, Moore L-72 Ringtop with a Maniflex nib. The pen itself shows very little wear in the form of microscratches and scuffs, far less than the usual pen that is this old. There is a slight discoloration of the section only. The BCHR of the pen and cap is still quite black, be advised I have NOT reblacked this pen. The ringtop is strong and free of any major wear on the gold as is the cap band and lever. The nib itself is a lovely Easy Full Flex - Super Flex nib showing line variation from F-BBB+. A very light hand can maintain Fine, nearly Extra Fine, lines however with normal pressure Medium-Broad lines are the norm. Slight steady pressure goes to BB-BBB achieving the full potential of the nib. The feed provides adequate ink supply to the nib to achieve 1.8-2.0mm, railroading is present at variations beyond 2.0mm as the nib can and will spread further but the feed isn't adequate to support those widths. However, with even slow writing this pen will provide wonderful flex capabilities to show off your calligraphy or Spencerian. - 100 USD

Payment via Paypal only
Shipping to CONUS via USPS Priority Mail - $5.95 USD.
Will combine shipping on multiple pen purchases.
Will consider international shipping on a case by case basis (PM me for specifics).

Open to reasonable offers via PM.