PDA

View Full Version : What Paper?

southpaw52
April 6th, 2015, 08:43 AM
For those that write left handed, what paper works for you the best?

alc3261
April 6th, 2015, 09:52 AM
You need a reasonably absorbent paper so the ink dries quickly so not Clairefontain or Rhodia.

Silverbreeze
April 6th, 2015, 11:19 AM
Pads/Tablets. also I sometimes use a bound book backwards

DaveBj
April 6th, 2015, 04:28 PM
You need a reasonably absorbent paper so the ink dries quickly so not Clairefontain or Rhodia.

Or Tomoe River.

Dreck
April 6th, 2015, 04:43 PM
This is what I use, but certainly not what I pay for it. It's smooth enough to be FP friendly, and absorbent enough to not cause problems even when I'm writing with a 1.1 stub italic.

http://www.thepapermillstore.com/paper-mills/mohawk-fine-papers/via-smooth?tpms_basis_specific_weight=1478

Bogon07
April 6th, 2015, 10:06 PM
A sheet of blotting paper regardless of what you write on.

Sailor Kenshin
April 7th, 2015, 07:50 AM
For those that write left handed, what paper works for you the best?

You do need somewhat absorbent paper. My faves are: Staples Bagasse....paper from India (Dollar Tree carries index cards and comp notebooks made of such), and any vintage paper. There's even shading with some of the aforementioned.

I've had a little trouble with TR paper smearing, but I may be getting the hang of it.

fncll
April 7th, 2015, 01:04 PM
Lalo de Verge or Original Crown Mill tablets, perhaps? Quick dry times without feathering.

Escaliba
September 22nd, 2016, 06:10 AM
A sheet of blotting paper regardless of what you write on.

Re blotting paper: My mother went into the local newsagents a few years ago and asked where the blotting paper was kept. The salesperson stared at her in amazement before asking what blotting paper was and what it was used for. Needless to say, the shop didn't have any in stock.:)

JackdeSpadas
November 12th, 2016, 06:10 PM
I look for Brazilian made notebooks at Staples, on advice from others. You can get Comp notebooks for $1-2 each depending on if there is a sale. Don't expect shading, but they will handle most ink and nib combos. You still won't want to use 1mm+ stubs with dark Diamine inks, but 0.5mm and smaller is no trouble.