PDA

View Full Version : Picked up my first PFM...

dannzeman
August 31st, 2012, 11:03 PM
...and I absolutely love it! It was one of my buddy's pens that I'd been eyeing for years. He offered it due to financial issues and I happily scooped it up. To be specific it's a PFM II. I think of it as kind of an oversize snorkel, but not really.

Anyway, anyone else into PFM's?

outbackpengeek
September 1st, 2012, 01:07 AM
Looks great Dan, I really like the colour. I have a black PFM V which I love...the inlaid nib is beautiful, but the biggest attraction is all the engineering that has gone into the pen, I find it absolutely fascinating. The only slight issue I have with it is the cap does not seem to retain all that securely...is yours the same?

I have a blue PFM III (with original box and guarantee) on its way right now as well from ebay. It cost me twice as much as the V...I'm not sure if I overpaid for one, or underpaid for the other or both, but I figure on average it was an ok deal ;)

KrazyIvan
September 1st, 2012, 11:01 AM
I have looked at the PFM mainly when I saw a video that pelahale posted on YouTube. I am not sure I like it but a snorkel has to be part of my collection eventually.

da vinci
September 7th, 2012, 10:19 PM
I like the PFMs, good size to them, the Sheaffer nibs are great and the snorkel is clever.

jar
September 8th, 2012, 07:03 AM
I was a late comer to the PFM family. I looked at one when they first came out but found it too fat. Some years later when the stores were offering them for near free to get old inventory out I finally bought my first, and my eyes were opened.

Fast forward...

Sheaffer introduced the Legacy Series and so I took a look at one. Too heavy, no Snorkel, less an Homage and more desperate thinking. Then I found one on sale at a price I could not refuse, and my eyes were opened.

Now I have more from the Legacy Series than PFMs.

fountainpenkid
September 9th, 2012, 05:50 AM
You REMEMBER the PFM launch??! That is so, so awesome!!

I was a late comer to the PFM family. I looked at one when they first came out but found it too fat. Some years later when the stores were offering them for near free to get old inventory out I finally bought my first, and my eyes were opened.

Fast forward...

Sheaffer introduced the Legacy Series and so I took a look at one. Too heavy, no Snorkel, less an Homage and more desperate thinking. Then I found one on sale at a price I could not refuse, and my eyes were opened.

Now I have more from the Legacy Series than PFMs.

maus930
May 4th, 2013, 08:33 AM
My PFM is one of my top favorites -- I find it to be a perfect fit to my hand, it writes beautifully, and as an Engineer you gotta love the mechanism --

Ravenlunatic
May 4th, 2013, 03:54 PM
The PFM is one of my grail pens. I would like any version, but I would probably do just about anything for a green PFM with a gf cap. Sadly, I'm just a (not so) old pensioner. All those with deeper pockets keep outbidding me.

HughC
May 5th, 2013, 09:15 PM
Only one for me

Regards
Hugh

Jon Szanto
May 5th, 2013, 09:52 PM
I hope Dan realizes that it is mandatory to have a gym membership with those pens.

79spitfire
May 6th, 2013, 11:05 PM
I have one PFM (a III set!) that came to me from my Dad. I love the pen. It was easy to restore and is a superb writer. I only wish I could use it more. It is the perfect diameter for larger hands, while being short enough to transport easily.

Oh and did I mention how well it writes? :dance3: