PDA

View Full Version : It's odd how these things work out...

dannzeman
August 31st, 2012, 11:10 PM
So I had just finished reviewing the Omas 360 Turquoise and was dreading sending it away to Eric. I've always wanted a 360 but in white, not that I wouldn't have taken the turquoise, I just didn't want to spend that much.

A few days after I sent the pen out I saw someone on the Zoss list post for sale a white 360 with box and papers at 1/3 the price of the Turquoise. I took this as a sign and snatched it right up!

Now I just have to buy a large flat head screw driver that I can modify to remove the nib and feed. I'm going to rotate them so that when I grip the pen comfortably the nib is at the right angle. Has anyone here done this before? How'd it go?

jar
September 5th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Never had to. The nibs on mine were jess right for me. Let us know how it goes.

peterpen53
September 7th, 2012, 03:58 AM
I don't mean to be lecturing (you have your own professor to do that, I believe) but if you would need to do that it says something about the way you hold your pen. I have said before (somewhere?) the 360 virtually enforces a relaxed tripod grip. Like jar's, mine is just perfect for me.

snedwos
September 7th, 2012, 04:23 AM
From watching Dan write, I would say he has a relaxed tripod grip, just a rotated one.

KrazyIvan
September 7th, 2012, 10:47 AM
I would adjust my pen holding style for that pen. :D

Mags
May 18th, 2013, 11:29 AM
this is a gorgeous pen in the white...I always think of white pens as for nurses or doctors.

Mags sent from my blackberry playbook using tapatalks

Mags
January 8th, 2014, 04:01 AM
@dannzeman it has been awhile now were you able to adjust the nib rotation?

Will a writing sample and nib close up be something you share soon?

Toulouse
January 8th, 2014, 09:31 AM
I'm way too inconsistent in the way I hold my pens. That probably explains why I sometimes find my penmanship fair and sometimes find it less so. Perhaps a 360 would help me, although financial limitations means I'll never know. :)

Lovely looking pen.

dannzeman
January 8th, 2014, 03:14 PM
@dannzeman it has been awhile now were you able to adjust the nib rotation?

Will a writing sample and nib close up be something you share soon?
I was able to rotate the nib and feed to suite the way I hold the pen. I had to make a tool to remove the nib unit, then pound the nib and feed out of the collar and reinsert them in a different orientation. I'd provide picks, but I ended up selling the pen shorting after I bought it.

raging.dragon
January 8th, 2014, 06:08 PM
The OMAS nib collars are fragile so I prefere to leave the collar in the pen and pull the nib and feed out of the collar. Unlike many other nib units, the OMAS ones allow the nib and feed to be placed in the collar at any rotation.

Mags
January 9th, 2014, 04:42 AM
Thanks Dan and Dennis.

KrazyIvan
January 9th, 2014, 08:40 AM
I have been jones'n for a 360. Usually the old style in black is what I would want. Lately I have even been considering the modern models. Too bad my local pen shops do not have any to try. Well, one shop has the roller ball but meh.

Uncle Bud
January 12th, 2014, 03:51 AM
That's one lovely pen, I didn't even know they made them in White, what other colours were there, or was it just black and white?

raging.dragon
January 12th, 2014, 01:33 PM
That's one lovely pen, I didn't even know they made them in White, what other colours were there, or was it just black and white?

Black seems to have been made throughout the original 360 production run. The white, red and green seem to have been made for at least several years, plus clear and amber demonstrators. There were also some single year colours: Dove Grey, Venice Blue, Madarin Yellow, and Colonial brown. The 360 was also offered in Royal Blue, Pearl Grey and Wild celluloids. A later variant with a Sterling Silver section was offered in exotic wood (Ebony, Snakewood, and perhaps others) and Burkina celluloid, then there handful of 360 based limited and special editions in metal (Titanium, Silver and Aluminum), celluloid, and cotton resin.

Many of the more exotic variants can be seen on this thread on another forum, though the various cotton resin colours are rather under represented:

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/229621-modern-pens-the-omas-360/

Uncle Bud
January 12th, 2014, 02:10 PM

Black seems to have been made throughout the original 360 production run. The white, red and green seem to have been made for at least several years, plus clear and amber demonstrators. There were also some single year colours: Dove Grey, Venice Blue, Madarin Yellow, and Colonial brown. The 360 was also offered in Royal Blue, Pearl Grey and Wild celluloids. A later variant with a Sterling Silver section was offered in exotic wood (Ebony, Snakewood, and perhaps others) and Burkina celluloid, then there handful of 360 based limited and special editions in metal (Titanium, Silver and Aluminum), celluloid, and cotton resin.

Many of the more exotic variants can be seen on this thread on another forum, though the various cotton resin colours are rather under represented:

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/229621-modern-pens-the-omas-360/

I wouldn't say no the the clear or amber demonstrator but I guess finding one is the problem. Thanks for the link, it's good reading. Cheers