PDA

View Full Version : Hello all from San Antonio, Texas.

pr1s0n3r849
April 10th, 2015, 12:37 PM
Hello everyone.

Just dropping a line to introduce myself. My name is Christopher, and I have loved pens since I was a kid. I remember going to my cousins house (she also loved pens), and taking my precious collection (which was random free pens from everywhere inside a shoe box) and exchanging them with her. I am currently 34, and as I grew older my secret obsession was kept in check to just buying those that I like from the store. Now it's taken a turn to fountain pens! It first started with my en devour into calligraphy with a Pilot Parallel set and from there it has taken form into just fountain pens. I currently own a Monteverde Invincia Stylus Matte Black (my first major purchase). Then I purchased a TWSBI Mini in white and rose gold. Then my boyfriend gave me a Parker Sonnet as a gift. I now am looking for a new pen. I was thinking what better way then to get the opinion of fellow enthusiasts. Currently torn between the Conklin Demonstrator in black, or the Platinum Nice in rose gold. I have the luxury of using these pens at work and have been now deemed the "guy with the pens" at work. Lol.

Well to all, have a great day and thank you again for letting me share.

mmahany
April 10th, 2015, 01:04 PM
Welcome. I'm just up the street in Austin, myself.

pr1s0n3r849
April 10th, 2015, 01:13 PM
Awesome! Nice to meet you!

writingrav
April 10th, 2015, 04:27 PM
Welcome to the madness. Indulge!

VertOlive
April 10th, 2015, 05:08 PM
Welcome! Beware of Pen Borrowers at work, it seems they always drop them on their nibs...:)

Jeph
April 11th, 2015, 01:32 AM
:welcome:

Jon Szanto
April 11th, 2015, 02:38 AM
Hi Christopher, and welcome to the forums!

About:

Currently torn between the Conklin Demonstrator in black, or the Platinum Nice in rose gold.

There are a lot of issues with the modern Conklin pens, usually quality and manufacturing issues, and the nibs don't seem to be that swell (I base this, as well, on two friends owning these pens). OTOH, I have that exact Nice 3776, and it is remarkable. Not only is the nib great (and was, even before I had it ground to a specific point), but that "slip-and-seal" cap design is no marketing hype - you really can have this pen capped for very long periods of time, take it out, and it writes immediately. I think it is one of the best pens available today, if you like both looks and top-drawer functionality.

Go for it!

caribbean_skye
April 11th, 2015, 03:15 AM
welcome welcome from a little further up the street than Austin

chojo
April 11th, 2015, 07:46 AM

inlovewithjournals
April 11th, 2015, 07:57 AM

jar
April 11th, 2015, 08:27 AM
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.

Bisquitlips
April 11th, 2015, 11:18 PM

Thanks for joining us!

kpjimmy
April 13th, 2015, 07:25 PM
Just saying hi to a fellow San Antonian!

Wahl
April 14th, 2015, 04:45 AM
Hi Christopher, :welcome: