PDA

View Full Version : Graf von Faber-Castell Intuition Platino Magnum

gwgtaylor
April 11th, 2015, 07:41 PM
Hey folks. I wrote a review of this beauty with photos and video on www.mycoffeepot.org and thought I'd see if I can start a bit of discussion here.

http://mycoffeepot.org/?p=438 is the direct link

I bought this pen as a reward for quitting smoking three years ago and I really like it. Except for the hard starts if it's been a few days since writing with it. And I mean /really/ hard starts. I don't mention it in the video because that was the first inning but both of my Intuitions do this and I was wondering if others have the same experience. I want to get a wooden Intuition with the #6 nib and wonder if it suffers the same drying out issue.

I still love this pen though. Once you get it started it's great.

jar
April 11th, 2015, 07:49 PM
I have three Intuitions, one coral, one the wood and one just like yours. Like yours, mine is hard to start if it sits a few days unused but not very hard. A quick dip or touch on end of tongue gets it going immediately. The wood sometimes behaves similarly and the coral never has starting problems. I think the Platin caps simply don't seal quite as well.

gwgtaylor
April 11th, 2015, 07:51 PM
Huh. My ivory does it too. It's good when water is added for sure. I guess that's the way to go. Ooo coral! :-)

lowks
April 16th, 2015, 09:14 AM
Beautiful specimen

Lady Onogaro
April 16th, 2015, 09:55 AM
It's beautiful. I like the nice touch of the engraving on the cap. Your photos are terrific.

kaisnowbird
April 16th, 2015, 04:09 PM
Hmmm... I have a GvFC Guilloche Rhodium, which doesn't seem to have hard start problem. Then again, I don't think I've left it aside for days unused whenever it gets inked. I should test it.

jar
April 16th, 2015, 05:29 PM
Hmmm... I have a GvFC Guilloche Rhodium, which doesn't seem to have hard start problem. Then again, I don't think I've left it aside for days unused whenever it gets inked. I should test it.

I've never seen the issue with my Classics or Guilloche or standard Intuition either.

gwgtaylor
April 23rd, 2015, 04:28 AM
I'm 2 for 2. *shrugs*