PDA

View Full Version : Whats The Longest Amount Of Time that You Have Been Satisfied With the Pens You Own/d

top pen
April 12th, 2015, 12:05 PM
I'm not going to be the first or the last to admit that a lot of us go through period of wanting a pen for amount of time it maybe hours or months depending on will power. With the thought that next pen will be your last, tracking the package every day and watching out for the mail man etc. Then when you get it you have a sort of honey moon period when you think it's the best pen ever which may last for from anywhere from a few minutes to a few months. However before you know it your back on FPN/FPGeeks tearing through reviews, trawling ebay and amazon and looking for a deal on that next pen. So the cycle starts again.

So my question is simple what the longest period of time you have ever been satisfied with the pens you own?

Also why the above (I've got my own interpretation however I'll post it in a while) however it will be interesting to hear others?

caribbean_skye
April 12th, 2015, 12:51 PM
I am always satified with the pens I own, thats not to say there arent some that I wouldnt mind owning. As for the longest period of time, 10 years (difference in time between pens 2 and 3). I still LOVE that pen and enjoy writing with it whenever it comes up in the rotation. Everytime I rotate a new pen in, I am reminded why I love that pen.

dr.grace
April 12th, 2015, 01:23 PM
I have a Pelikan M600 I bought about 20 years ago that I still love, although it's not inked at the moment. A raw ebonite Danitrio Densho I bought ~10 years ago is still used often, one of my favorites. In both cases, I had the nibs ground to cursive italic.

jar
April 12th, 2015, 01:25 PM
Sixty years or so.

top pen
April 12th, 2015, 01:51 PM
To the above's how can you say you were satisfied when you when you went out and bought more pens surely the meaning of being truly satisfied is no longer having an urge to buy more pens and the fact you did means you weren't.

jar
April 12th, 2015, 01:55 PM
To the above's how can you say you were satisfied when you when you went out and bought more pens surely the meaning of being truly satisfied is no longer having an urge to buy more pens and the fact you did means you weren't.

Your definition is silly.

I am satisfied with my shirt but still have more than one, satisfied with lunch but still plane of having dinner, satisfied with my shoes but still have more than one pair, satisfied with the first book I read but still have a library, satisfied with the first story I wrote but still write new ones ...

top pen
April 12th, 2015, 02:10 PM

I am satisfied with my shirt but still have more than one, satisfied with lunch but still plane of having dinner, satisfied with my shoes but still have more than one pair, satisfied with the first book I read but still have a library, satisfied with the first story I wrote but still write new ones ...

You make a valid point there is a difference between between something that has been perfected and something that has satisfied certain objectives.

probably could have phrased it better

jar
April 12th, 2015, 02:20 PM

You make a valid point there is a difference between between something that has been perfected and something that has satisfied certain objectives.

There is no reason you cannot find several perfect or perfected items either.

Life is fortunately not static or completed; we learn more, tastes change, experience grows, knowledge increases and hopefully wisdom evolves.

Chrissy
April 12th, 2015, 03:15 PM
I used to be satisfied with my pens but then I wanted a Montblanc, so I sold almost all of them to get the funds to buy one.

Nowadays, I would rather have a selection of several different brands of pens, rather than a few very expensive ones, so I'm going to sell off my Montblancs.

I also like using many different inks, but now I have too many to use during my lifetime, so I need to have a clear out and bring them back to a reasonable number.

As life goes on maybe you just want different things from it at different times. I think that's normal.

BCDDiggler
April 12th, 2015, 03:37 PM
Love them all forever! But, some are better to use at different times. And some are in need of repair.
User turning into a collector as I get more and more!

kaisnowbird
April 13th, 2015, 07:29 AM

There is no reason you cannot find several perfect or perfected items either.

Life is fortunately not static or completed; we learn more, tastes change, experience grows, knowledge increases and hopefully wisdom evolves.

Hear, hear.
There was that unforgettable first love, who's perfect in so many ways. We nonetheless go on to love again.

For me, it's about 21 years.