PDA

View Full Version : (mini) Group Buy: cute email stamp

Jon Szanto
April 12th, 2015, 12:39 PM
http://www.witandwhistle.com/Shop_Images/images_stamps/stamp_betterthanemail1.jpg

So I saw the above (http://witandwhistle.com/shop/stamps/better-than-an-email-stamp/) on the recent BuzzFeed thing, do want, and agreed to help another person get one as well. Then I thought: mini-group buy! I wrote the maker, and she doesn't have a lot of wiggle room but will sell at about a 10% discount.

I'm offering to buy a batch of these and send them out to you for a total of $20.00, shipping included (CONUS only). Let me know if you are interested, no later than Tuesday, and I'll put in an order. I'll then need to know your mailing address, and once placed I'll confirm that I've made the order and when to expect the item. I'll take PayPal (details later).

You can PM me to let me know, but an email address would be great so I can communicate in that realm, as I'm sending this to a couple of groups.

There you go!

migo984
April 12th, 2015, 03:24 PM
Want but can't have :cry:

Cob
April 12th, 2015, 04:30 PM
Want but can't have :cry:

Me too; like Migo I am not CONUS

Cob

Laura N
April 12th, 2015, 05:09 PM
Jon, I can walk you through the international shipping. If she can give you a weight, we can figure out international shipping costs. I have MI experience. :)

Murfie
April 12th, 2015, 05:32 PM
Thanks for the info Jon, and thank you very much Laura for the shipping suggestion. While the CONUS thingy rankles us aliens, that's another issue entirely. However, having recently had a rubber stamp made of my own avatar for my snail mail, it is probably cheaper for us Antipodeans to order our own with a similar design from a local supplier. Will keep you posted.

And Cob, when we sort it out, I can bring some back to the U.K. with me, one marked for your attention!

Cob
April 12th, 2015, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the info Jon, and thank you very much Laura for the shipping suggestion. While the CONUS thingy rankles us aliens, that's another issue entirely. However, having recently had a rubber stamp made of my own avatar for my snail mail, it is probably cheaper for us Antipodeans to order our own with a similar design from a local supplier. Will keep you posted.

And Cob, when we sort it out, I can bring some back to the U.K. with me, one marked for your attention!

Murfie! What can I say - except thank you!

Cob

Jon Szanto
April 12th, 2015, 05:43 PM
About the CONUS issue:

Please understand: I'm doing this on a whim, at a time where I really need one more project like I need 47 holes in my head. It caught my fancy, I had one person talk to me about it, and I thought maybe it would be a nice thing to do, get a teeny break on price, and have a bunch of (semi-local) pen people get one of these pretty easy. I certainly didn't mean it as a snub, but I want to be able to put these all in envelopes and mail them all at one postage rate so that it doesn't tie up a lot of time and resources.

If Laura can help me out, and if I don't get a ton of inquiries for non-CONUS orders, I'd consider it. The bottom line is that with all this effort, I'm only saving people about $2, and over overseas and like that, I figured it would be just as easy and cost virtually the same for you to order directly from the maker. But let me see what Laura has for me in terms of logistics info.

Please don't take offence, as none was intended. It is just an attempt on my part to not get in over my head.

Cob
April 12th, 2015, 05:45 PM
About the CONUS issue:

Please understand: I'm doing this on a whim, at a time where I really need one more project like I need 47 holes in my head. It caught my fancy, I had one person talk to me about it, and I thought maybe it would be a nice thing to do, get a teeny break on price, and have a bunch of (semi-local) pen people get one of these pretty easy. I certainly didn't mean it as a snub, but I want to be able to put these all in envelopes and mail them all at one postage rate so that it doesn't tie up a lot of time and resources.

If Laura can help me out, and if I don't get a ton of inquiries for non-CONUS orders, I'd consider it. The bottom line is that with all this effort, I'm only saving people about $2, and over overseas and like that, I figured it would be just as easy and cost virtually the same for you to order directly from the maker. But let me see what Laura has for me in terms of logistics info.

Please don't take offence, as none was intended. It is just an attempt on my part to not get in over my head.

None taken here Jon - it never occurred to me.

Cob

Murfie
April 12th, 2015, 07:17 PM
About the CONUS issue:

None taken, Jon. I was out of order raising the matter in my reply, and I humbly apologise. Unfortunately, my attitude gets colored by many FPG PIF's and For Sales that are restricted to CONUS. Because we exchange more stuff offshore than on, we are fully aware of the extra paperwork involved with filling out customs declarations et al. Thank you very much for offering to facilitate distribution to other members albeit just CONUS. That is very gracious of you. And by doing what you are doing and posting about it, migo and I have been given a great idea. We are in the middle of doing a design for a stamp that reads "It's better by letter!".

Murfie
April 13th, 2015, 12:39 AM
We've just ordered some stamps in a 20mm x 20mm square shape that will look like below. The cost was much better than getting them shipped from offshore. Thanks for the great idea, Jon. Anything to keep the benefits of real letters in the forefront. Cheers ...

Jon Szanto
April 13th, 2015, 01:44 AM
We've just ordered some stamps in a 20mm x 20mm square shape that will look like below. The cost was much better than getting them shipped from offshore. Thanks for the great idea, Jon. Anything to keep the benefits of real letters in the forefront. Cheers ...

Capital idea!

Chrissy
April 13th, 2015, 02:37 AM
Me too; like Migo I am not CONUS

Cob

Cob, PM sent

akapulko2020
April 13th, 2015, 08:18 AM
If you've ordered from a European source , I'd love the link...

Murfie
April 13th, 2015, 04:55 PM
If you've ordered from a European source , I'd love the link...
Sorry for the delay - timezone differences. The source is domestic here in Australia. However, what I would suggest is that you copy the image of the stamp above (right mouse click, 'copy image') to your own computer and use it as the source image for your own stamp. In most countries there are numerous web sites offering custom made stamps at very reasonable costs. Our stamps cost us AU$17 (US$10, £7) each plus shipping.

Another approach would be to open a new word processing document in the size of the envelopes that you regularly use. Put the image in an appropriate place on the envelope template, then print it with some of your envelopes loaded in your printer tray.

Tracy Lee
April 13th, 2015, 07:10 PM
http://www.witandwhistle.com/Shop_Images/images_stamps/stamp_betterthanemail1.jpg

So I saw the above (http://witandwhistle.com/shop/stamps/better-than-an-email-stamp/) on the recent BuzzFeed thing, do want, and agreed to help another person get one as well. Then I thought: mini-group buy! I wrote the maker, and she doesn't have a lot of wiggle room but will sell at about a 10% discount.

I'm offering to buy a batch of these and send them out to you for a total of $20.00, shipping included (CONUS only). Let me know if you are interested, no later than Tuesday, and I'll put in an order. I'll then need to know your mailing address, and once placed I'll confirm that I've made the order and when to expect the item. I'll take PayPal (details later).

You can PM me to let me know, but an email address would be great so I can communicate in that realm, as I'm sending this to a couple of groups.

There you go!
Yes please, I am interested.

Jon Szanto
April 13th, 2015, 11:06 PM
Yes please, I am interested.

Noted. Drop me a PM with an email contact and details will flow through that data stream. In other news...

BUMP!

I'm making a list about this time tomorrow night to tally up and get the order ready, so if you are on the fence or just saw this, let me know in the next 24 hours (late Tues PST) because I'm going to wrap up the first part of the process by Wednesday morn. Thanks for playing! And now, some entertainment...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbyAZQ45uww

Xina
April 14th, 2015, 10:50 PM
:rofl: ROFL!! Where do you come up with these gems??? Do you go looking for a specific video or do they just find you? Much appreciated laugh as I sit and contemplate my last mad dash for the tax deadline tomorrow.

Jon Szanto
April 14th, 2015, 11:02 PM
:rofl: ROFL!! Where do you come up with these gems??? Do you go looking for a specific video or do they just find you? Much appreciated laugh as I sit and contemplate my last mad dash for the tax deadline tomorrow.

Ha! Well, a lot of it goes to the fact that I've been a musician all my life, so I'm certainly in touch with this stuff. Bear in mind (but don't dwell on it!) that I've just passed 60, so I've been through a few... trends.

In this case, it was a funny coincidence of two things: on the weekend, I worked two nights backing up Deana Martin, who was (is) Dean Martin's daughter, singing all of the big hits of her dad's and others of that era. Real, original "Rat Pack" stuff. Then, yesterday we decided to take in a movie in the middle of the day (rare for us), and when we went to buy the ticket (a small, arthouse chain), I said "Holy shit, "The Wrecking Crew" is playing here!!". My wife was sweet: we watched the first film (which wasn't all that great) and she agreed to walk over to this great Japanese restaurant, we had dinner, and went back for the "Crew" movie. A true double-feature!

Anyway, a clip of "Boots" was in the movie, when I read the thread last night it popped into my head, and there you go. By the way, if anyone is interested in the music of the 60s-70s and how it was actually made (hint: not by the bands), keep an eye out for this small-budget but great documentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhl-3EOYTkc

klpeabody
April 15th, 2015, 05:11 AM
Jon, thank you so much for the heads up about "The Wrecking Crew". I am definitely keeping my eye out for it.

Xina
April 15th, 2015, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the back story, Jon. For some odd reason, that song has been popping into my head for the last few months, apropos of nothing that I can think of. So when I got to see Nancy singing it, it was quite fun! I'm 67 myself, so I remember the original song, but never had seen the performance. So very late 60s!!

Murfie
April 15th, 2015, 11:40 PM
For some odd reason, that song has been popping into my head for the last few months, apropos of nothing that I can think of.
That's what is called an 'earworm' and many of us are afflicted with them on a regular basis.

I'm 67 myself
I'm in perfect synch with you on that one being a product of '47 myself. Go the oldies!