PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Pen Show?

Lt. Tom
April 14th, 2015, 09:40 AM
Hi, all. I'm not seeing anything at all here about the pen show this weekend in Atlanta. I've always had to miss it in the past, but I have an opportunity to attend this year on Saturday. I've been moving, and not able to check in here for a while, but I expected to log on today and find some kind of chatter about the show. There is none, so I'm wondering; has word not gotten out about it? Too small to bother with? Are we boycotting for some reason? No one lives in the Atlanta area? Have I logged into the Straight Razor forum by mistake? Just wonderin'......

earthdawn
April 14th, 2015, 03:16 PM
Lt. Tom it is going to be a fantastic show this year with a new venue and packed house. This is the 20th year they are doing the show. I know they had to start turning away vendors at the end as it was sold out. Mont Blanc will be there with a testing table... not seen often for sure.

The Andersons will have their huge setup as well and Karas Kustoms & NOCK. Franklin-Christoph will be there and what treat it is to see their latest pens and amazing cases.

The Pen Addict is going to do a LIVE PodCast as well ... I think Saturday but I could be wrong. It will be setup next to the Anderson's table. It's Brad Dowdy and all the way from England Myke Hurley ~ They are doing the PodCast live to celebrate their 150th show.

Susan Wirth who is just amazing to see and attends so many shows. If you want some help with handwriting DO NOT MISS her table. Also, Deborah Basil will be there doing calligraphy ... and I believe she is holding a couple of seminars you can sign up for.

Theres door prizes and giveaways as well.

This is a tiny list of what to expect... It is growing into a very prominent show and one I was desperate to attend but the flight prices just were not cooperating.

http://atlantapenshow.com/showinfo

Please if you go... and you absolutely should, take some pics for us...

Anyone else wanna chime in and add to the list of what I missed please do.

earthdawn
April 14th, 2015, 06:56 PM
OK.. so..

Yafa will be there showing new pens as usual.

Vanness Pens will be there too. They will have a limited supply of Bung-Box & Akkerman inks ! Hit them first if your interested.

Sunday there is a grand prize drawing on Sunday for a Delta pen @ 4pm that you must be there to win.

EDIT: The one and only Syd Saperstein just posted on FaceBook that he will be there will his Wahl~Eversarp Pen Company. Syd is not only the Wahl-Eversharp expert but one of the owners of the now revived company. True gentleman who brings a new level pf passing to the community. Be sure to stop and see the amazing job he did bringing the company back to life.

butchhe
April 15th, 2015, 04:03 AM
I wish I could make it but I will be having surgery on my foot tomorrow.

@earthdawn, I had to do a double take when you mentioned Susan Wirth. That is my mothers name, same spelling, and while she has amazing penmanship, I didn't think she is going to be there. lol

reprieve
April 15th, 2015, 05:15 PM
I missed the show last year and it looks like I will miss again this year. Sigh. But it's always such a great experience--the Atlanta show is wonderful, truly--and it sounds like the new venue will bring in some new vendors. I hope all of you lucky pen geeks who attend will post lots of photos so I can live vicariously.

lowjax
April 16th, 2015, 10:41 AM
Have fun. Looks like it will be a great show.

butchhe
April 19th, 2015, 08:31 PM
Did anybody attend?

Lt. Tom
April 20th, 2015, 07:27 PM
I did. It was my first pen show, and I guess I was a little too overwhelmed to remember to take pictures. I picked up a bottle of Akkerman ink, and an olive Parker 45 (my first vintage pen!) which I had wanted since I first saw a picture of one.

earthdawn
April 20th, 2015, 07:56 PM
I did. It was my first pen show, and I guess I was a little too overwhelmed to remember to take pictures. I picked up a bottle of Akkerman ink, and an olive Parker 45 (my first vintage pen!) which I had wanted since I first saw a picture of one.

That's ok.... I did the same thing at my first pen show. It wasn't until we left and were at dinne that I realized I never took even 1 photo!

In sad news from the show.... Some dirtbag stole a VP Raden from the Andersons on Sunday.. I hate hearing that. I like to think it was just some non pen lover who creeped into our world and stole it and not a pen fanatic. Plus who would steal from some of the nicest people in our community.

butchhe
April 20th, 2015, 08:19 PM
In sad news from the show.... Some dirtbag stole a VP Raden from the Andersons on Sunday.. I hate hearing that. I like to think it was just some non pen lover who creeped into our world and stole it and not a pen fanatic. Plus who would steal from some of the nicest people in our community.

That is terrible news. I would have never thought of someone stealing a pen. I know chances are small but I hope they catch the individual who took it.

Lt. Tom
April 21st, 2015, 09:02 PM
That's very sad to hear. I got to meet the Andersons, and they were both very nice, patient, and very BUSY people. I didn't get to see/hear the pod cast, but I did get to speak to both Brad and Mark. Based on Earthdawn's recommendation, I made sure I spent some time at the Vanness table. I was a little let down that they didn't have any BungBox ink left, but they brought plenty P.W.Akkerman ink. Score! The Groenmarkt Smaragd, which apparently means "Emerald Green Market" is seriously miss-named, but it's a wonderful match for my new olive Parker 45. And of course it looks awesome sitting on the ink shelf behind the desk in my office!
Anyway, the whole day is still sort of a blur. Just playing with and falling in love with pen after pen. Many up in that range where giving in to temptation would have meant certain divorce.... If I remember anything else exciting I'll post again.