PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Vintage Super Flex: Moore & Wahl

AZBennett
April 24th, 2015, 06:43 PM
Disclaimer: I am a self-trained pen repairman who's been about this business for the better part of a year now. The pens I am offering up aren't usually Mint/Near Mint/Excellent condition and the prices reflect that fact. These were user grade pens from a bygone era. My attempt is to bring them back to life in the hopes that they will be used as the wonderful tools of creation they once were. Where applicable I use Richard Binders website for repair information, Pen Identification and a myriad of other nuggets of wisdom. I have replaced the sacs in these pens, cleaned and polished them. They have been reassembled with care and precision. All my writing samples are conducted by myself or my wife and with the pen featured in this classified. Questions are always welcome.

1. Unmarked Gold-Filled Lever Filler w/Wahl Tempoint Nib - This is a supremely smooth, wet writing flex pen that is an absolute pleasure to write with. The body of the pen itself looks to be an unmarked gold-filled lever filler of a basic design. It shows some wear in the form of a couple of dings on the barrel and cap and one large gouge on the cap itself. But the body is just window dressing, what makes this pen so special is its nib. A Wahl Tempoint Super Flex nib that goes from a Fine to BBB+, maxing out right at 2.5mm. It's not a wet noodle as the pen does require pressure to flex out that far, but it can easily flex there and the feed can keep up with the demands of the nib. See the photos for specifics on flex capacity. - 100 USD
2. Moore Pen Co Servo Pen - This is a truly fantastic pen. A Wet Noodle, in my opinion, Easy Super Flex in the least, but I am leaning more towards a Wet Noodle. The pen is complete and does have some cosmetic issues, some brassing on the clip ball and scuffs on the celluloid. The nib is FANTASTIC, starting out a Fine with very light pressure you can maintain the fine line, with limited pressure you quickly go to Medium, then to Broad and in a pinch you are off to the races laying down loads of ink at BBB+ easily up to 2.5mm. The feed is completely capable of keeping up with the demands of the nib and this pen is a dream to write with. - 150 USD
Purchase both pens for 240 USD plus free shipping to Continental United States

Payment via Paypal only
Shipping to CONUS via USPS Priority Mail - $5.95 USD.
Will combine shipping on multiple pen purchases.
Will consider international shipping on a case by case basis (PM me for specifics).

Open to reasonable offers via PM.

AZBennett
April 24th, 2015, 07:23 PM
Both pens ON HOLD pending payment