PDA

View Full Version : Video Review: Parker 51

SliceofPi
April 26th, 2015, 08:31 PM
YouTube is being cranky about processing videos so I apologize if this doesn't work. I will double check it the morning of 04/27/2015.

http://youtu.be/ZIa1s8_sTpQ

Flounder
April 27th, 2015, 12:26 PM
Enjoyed the review, sometimes I think we discuss 51s on forums so often, we neglect making personal reviews any more! Thanks for your impressions.

In re: the 'try before you buy' 616 recommendation, its the 'Jumbo' or 'Doctor' size Hero 616's that are the same size as the 51, in case anyone is going down that path. I found your comments on the balance of the 51 feeling slightly different between the lustralloy caps and other metals interesting, as that is one area the 616's lightweight cap has impressed me!

Oh and the regular Aerometric 51s also have a gold nib, happily.

SliceofPi
April 27th, 2015, 04:57 PM
Enjoyed the review, sometimes I think we discuss 51s on forums so often, we neglect making personal reviews any more! Thanks for your impressions.

In re: the 'try before you buy' 616 recommendation, its the 'Jumbo' or 'Doctor' size Hero 616's that are the same size as the 51, in case anyone is going down that path. I found your comments on the balance of the 51 feeling slightly different between the lustralloy caps and other metals interesting, as that is one area the 616's lightweight cap has impressed me!

Oh and the regular Aerometric 51s also have a gold nib, happily.

Glad you liked the review! Thanks for the info on the Aerometric nibs!

Special K
June 1st, 2015, 10:08 PM
That was a great review. The first 51 I had, I destroyed by taking it apart. Now it's a piece of cake.