PDA

View Full Version : Ahem. Assistance please?

inkyletters
April 28th, 2015, 09:22 AM
There's a lovely stain from noodlers dark matter on my MacBookPro. Ideas on removal? acetone is my go to and it made it shadow like but still not gone.

KrazyIvan
April 28th, 2015, 09:25 AM
It's aluminum so maybe products that you can find in the automotive section of your local store of choice might help. Straight ammonia might do it but not sure if it reacts with aluminum

Silverbreeze
April 28th, 2015, 09:27 AM
:cry: Em, tell me it's not the screen!!!!!!

Check Nathan's video on BayState stains. I think it's 10% bleach solution. Also ask the Goulet people they are Macs like us.

inkyletters
April 28th, 2015, 09:47 AM
I'll check out the video and ask the goulet people. It's the aluminum part next to the track pad under the keyboard. Victim of the Schaeffer balance spitting ink a late night paper writing binge. I forgot the vintage pretties are not made to be shaken violently in frustration.

tandaina
April 28th, 2015, 09:55 AM
Am I the only crazy bird who just looked at her Mac and thought... ."ooooh art project." Yeah, just me then, ok.

Jon Szanto
April 28th, 2015, 10:24 AM
For non-pen projects, I have a jar of a car company product that is for polishing mag wheels and aluminum and other non-chrome metals. It is made by Maguire's, and you might want to go to an auto parts store and look for aluminum polish and similar.

Neo
April 28th, 2015, 10:30 AM
Am I the only crazy bird who just looked at her Mac and thought... ."ooooh art project." Yeah, just me then, ok.

Just check that it won't void your warranty....