PDA

View Full Version : Ink Review: Diamine Syrah

Chrissy
April 29th, 2015, 10:16 AM
I have decided to review some of my inks. Today I selected two red wine associated inks. This one is Syrah
Here is Syrah in a glass, and on a color scale:

18483 18482

The ink colors though seem to be the other way around. So Syrah ink is lighter, and more 'red' than Merlot.

I like them both. Wines and inks that is. :D

I compared this ink with Diamine Amaranth, and with Diamine Flowers Gift set Burgundy Rose. They are both slightly more red whereas Syrah leans towards the pinky purple side of the red spectrum. If I could only have one out of Merlot or Syrah, I would choose Syrah. It's a really nice pinky purple shade. Less dark than it's name suggests.

The water test on the review form shows this isn't a waterproof ink.

Bearing in mind the paper I use is very smooth, and the nib was a Lamy medium, this ink dried quite quickly: 6-9 secs to dry

It flows neither wet, nor chalky and lubricates the nib well. I noticed no problems with flow start-up or drying out, or lubrication.

It is currently available in 80ml glass bottles or 30ml plastic refill bottles.

Diamine (http://www.diamineinks.co.uk/) sell it directly to end-users on their web-site.

It's a reasonable price

Laura N
April 29th, 2015, 11:24 AM
Que Sera, Sera.

Chrissy
April 29th, 2015, 12:44 PM
What will be will be....:music::music:

Cob
April 29th, 2015, 01:17 PM
So tell us Chrissy: was that St Joseph or Crozes Hermitage, or?

Rgds

Cob

Jon Szanto
April 29th, 2015, 01:33 PM
This ink review is worthless without food pairings.

Chrissy
April 29th, 2015, 03:31 PM
So tell us Chrissy: was that St Joseph or Crozes Hermitage, or?

Rgds

Cob

No, none of those. :)

I'm much more likely to drink this grape variety as a Shiraz from Oz. I like McLaren Vale. :cheers:

velo
April 30th, 2015, 02:29 AM
One of mah faves. Currently inked in my TWSBI Micarta Broad nib. Really rich burgundy colour. Makes me want to drink wine and eat very rich French food. Yum.

Morgaine
April 30th, 2015, 09:21 AM
Shiraz is Syrah

Chrissy
May 3rd, 2015, 11:05 AM
Shiraz is Syrah
Yes it is

ChrisL
December 4th, 2015, 09:29 PM
It's a nice enough color but I was disappointed to learn that it stained my Pelikan M200 plunger. Haven't been able to get it out.

fqgouvea
December 5th, 2015, 11:00 AM
When I use Diamine Syrah, it looks almost brown, perhaps because the nib is too wet? It also takes forever to dry.

Fernando Gouvêa -- fqgouvea@roadrunner.com