PDA

View Full Version : Chatterly Luxuries and Pentime

Laura N
April 30th, 2015, 01:22 PM
Bryant Greer, at Chatterly Luxuries and Pentime, is absolutely the best.

His prices are great. He's always got time to answer questions about pens you are considering, and he knows his stuff. He's very quick to email back. But I've always maintained that the test of any pen seller is how they behave when problems arise afterwards. And that's where Bryant really stands out. I like Italian pens, which in my experience may have had more issues with initial quality and repair speed than some brands. But the pens are sublime. I just want to say that whenever I've had a problem, Bryant has taken care of it.

I'm mentioning this now because over the last five months, I've had a difficult repair odyssey with one new pen. A fabulous pen that had a defect when it arrived. Getting it fixed meant the distributor had to send it overseas to the manufacturer, which can create communication issues and confusion. And which has meant delay. But Bryant keeps stepping in, and then fixing each problem. The poor guy sold me a pen in November, and we must have emailed back and forth 20 times since. That's way beyond a normal seller's brief, one would think, but Bryant is just a stand-up seller. I highly recommend him.

KrazyIvan
April 30th, 2015, 03:36 PM
I have only purchased 1 pen from Chatterley Luxuries (my first and only Visconti) but my experience was a good one. +1

ChrisC
April 30th, 2015, 03:44 PM
Bryant is excellent and patient. All my buying experiences with him have been great.

ethernautrix
May 1st, 2015, 07:42 AM
I have a joke with Bry that if he sold Nakayas, I would be buying from him.

Pre-Nakaya discovery, I wanted a Mb 100-Year Historical. I e-mailed Bry. Within a couple of hours, he had sourced a pen for me. I had it in my hands within a few days.

During the Conway Stewart "bespoke" pen blow-out, we discussed what I wanted, and I ended up buying two pens, one of which didn't write at all, and I was very unhappy with both pens. Bry told me to send them back for a full refund.

I absolutely would buy pens from Bry - if only he sold Nakayas.

Although... if I do want a hard-to-find pen, any brand, I would contact him. (I haven't been in binge mode for a long time, and it seems my interest has shifted more towards inks, but not in a manic way.)

All that to say: Yes! Bry is a great seller! Thanks for sharing your experience.

stevesurf
October 2nd, 2015, 07:47 PM
As others have said, he's just great, along with the rest of his team. At the LA Pen Show last year, I found some truly amazing pens on his table. The Omas 360 in Wild Celluloid. Then I went back for the Arco Brown; it must have been the video he had posted about it from a past DC Pen Show:

https://youtu.be/g3MLPZFkARk?t=1m47s

https://youtu.be/g3MLPZFkARk?t=1m47s

It's worth a subscription to their flash sales and specials as periodically he even lowers his already great prices :)