PDA

View Full Version : Hello from North Texas!

donwinn
April 17th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Found this via FPN, and recognize some familiar posters. Just what I need -- another fountain pen forum!! I posted the stuff I am trying to sell on FPN on here also, but I hope to be an actual contributor to this forum soon. If anyone on this forum is from the DFW area, and does not attend the Pen Club Meetings, I plan to post meeting announcement in advance, so you don't have to miss a great experience any longer.

Donnie

SProctor
April 17th, 2010, 07:23 PM
Welcome Donnie!

I'm just a little North of you in Gainesville, Texas right now but will be moving to Minnesota in a couple of weeks... Great to have you here with us! I look forward to reading your posts... and seeing you around.

Very Best Wishes,
Stephen

penspouse
April 17th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Found this via FPN, and recognize some familiar posters. Just what I need -- another fountain pen forum!! I posted the stuff I am trying to sell on FPN on here also, but I hope to be an actual contributor to this forum soon. If anyone on this forum is from the DFW area, and does not attend the Pen Club Meetings, I plan to post meeting announcement in advance, so you don't have to miss a great experience any longer.

Donnie
You and me both! :D

eriquito
April 18th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Ahoy Donnie!

Welcome to Fountain Pen Geeks! Very nice to see you here =)

I'm not anywhere close to DFW, but I'll sure be interested in the announcements of the Pen Club Meetings. I'll live vicariously through you!

Eric
Son of Ragnar

Kelly G
April 19th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Welcome Donnie - good to see another familiar face over here.
I used to travel through the Dallas area quite a bit but it was mostly Love Field on SWA. Our daughter is a TCU grad, so we became familiar with Fort Worth - a fun place.

dannzeman
April 19th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Donnie, Welcome! We're glad to have ya.
I can't wait to jump over the For Sale forum and check out your listings. Unlike other places we have no requirements to be able to sell here.
Just to help you get more familiar with the forum here, there are a couple of features I would like to point your attention to. Please read them and participate as they help make the forum a better community for everyone.
Rating Threads (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_usage#faq_vb3_rating_threads )
Reputation (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_reputation)

And if you have any questions check out the FAQ (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/faq.php). If that doesn't answer them feel free to contact one of the Admins.

donwinn
April 20th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Ahoy Donnie!

Welcome to Fountain Pen Geeks! Very nice to see you here =)

I'm not anywhere close to DFW, but I'll sure be interested in the announcements of the Pen Club Meetings. I'll live vicariously through you!

Eric
Son of Ragnar

I actually moved here from So Cal myself. After 30 years in San Diego, having all my grandchildren here, and my best friends from the church I attended in San Diego having moved here to plant a new church, I bit the bullet and moved. Just in time, it seems. Sold my house in SD just before the bubble burst. The current owner, if still the same buyer, now pays a mortgage on a house worth around 60% of what he paid for.

Donnie