PDA

View Full Version : Can it be saved?

inkyletters
May 2nd, 2015, 02:57 PM
Found one of my grandfathers old pens while cleaning out my grandmothers house. From what I can tell it's a Parker 51 double jeweled with a gold striped cap. However, the nib is a disaster. Is it worth sending it in for restoration? If so suggestions please.

sloegin
May 2nd, 2015, 03:18 PM
Your pictures are very large and therefore difficult to view. From what I could see of the first picture it looks more like a Parker 61. A replacement nib is not difficult to find.

D Armstrong
May 2nd, 2015, 03:30 PM
You have a capillary action-filling Parker 61. The filling system is likely more challenging than the nib, but it certainly can be done. The nib can certainly be repaired, and as a bonus, it is quite uncommon to find the arrow on the hood in place. And it's always nice to have something from your family!

Chrissy
May 2nd, 2015, 03:46 PM
Your pictures are very large and therefore difficult to view. From what I could see of the first picture it looks more like a Parker 61. A replacement nib is not difficult to find.

They are, but if you are using Firefox, you can right click on each one in turn, then select 'View Image'. Then you can see the image at a viewable size. I have to do this quite regularly on FPG because many images on here seem to be overlarge.

tandaina
May 2nd, 2015, 08:54 PM
Weird, chrome auto resizes these images so they show up fine for me. Pen is totally worth getting a pro to repair.

inkyletters
May 2nd, 2015, 10:25 PM
Thanks for the responses! The pics are big bc I'm on my phone uploading. I was guessing in the 51, based on pictures. Any suggestions for repair people?