PDA

View Full Version : Two more LE Pilot Preras

migo984
May 2nd, 2015, 10:25 PM
I'm a huge Prera fan. It's a very stylish modern small pen and is fantastic quality for the price.

As well as owning numerous current models in solid colours and demo versions, I have recently acquired two more of the 2010 LE Pilot Prera Iro-Ai (demonstrators) to add to the two I already have. The two recent ones are Burgundy and Black. I already have a White and a Green

As you can see they differ from the current models in that the coloured trim is a solid colour, rather than translucent. The cap "band" decoration is also different. They were sold only with F nibs. There were 15 colours of this type sold, I believe, in Japan only. I'm not sure what quantities were made, but they sold out very quickly.

Here are some photos:

Lady Onogaro
May 3rd, 2015, 12:24 AM
Those are gorgeous. I would love to get my hands on the burgundy one. That's a very nice shade.

Cookies
May 3rd, 2015, 12:58 AM
I love Preras. Such lovely, smooth writers and the size is perfect for my hand. I wish they'd come out with some more colors in the solid body version. That burgundy would be gorgeous.

migo984
May 3rd, 2015, 01:24 AM
Those are gorgeous. I would love to get my hands on the burgundy one. That's a very nice shade.

I understand they were brought out in colours to match the Iroshizuku inks. That one (I think) is Yama Budo.

migo984
May 3rd, 2015, 01:25 AM
I love Preras. Such lovely, smooth writers and the size is perfect for my hand. I wish they'd come out with some more colors in the solid body version. That burgundy would be gorgeous.

Yes, wouldn't it be fabulous?! I'd be at the front of the queue....

TSherbs
May 3rd, 2015, 05:28 PM
are you going to use them, or stare at them? ;)

migo984
May 3rd, 2015, 08:26 PM

I eventually ink and write with all my pens. That's what they're made for.

Crazyorange
May 4th, 2015, 05:40 AM
I love my prera. It's got a great nib and the size is easy to tote around but big enough capped to write with. I agree...I wish they would do a solid color. How many are in your collection?

migo984
May 4th, 2015, 01:21 PM
I love my prera. It's got a great nib and the size is easy to tote around but big enough capped to write with. I agree...I wish they would do a solid color. How many are in your collection?

I have 6 solid colours, 4 "common" Iro-Ai and 4 of the 2010 Japan-only Iro-Ai. All with a variety of nibs, including a fab Murfie italic that I keep in the solid grey one. When I was working I always had two in my bag each day. They may be of shorter length but are full size in girth, and are so comfortable for me in use. I was very mean to those work pens - treated 'em bad - yet they never let me down :)

Lady Onogaro
May 4th, 2015, 04:09 PM
I have a blue one. It was my first "expensive" pens (bought it from JetPens, I think). I love the click that sounds when you cap it. And it does have a lovely nib. I have thought about getting a calligraphy version, but I'm not sure of how different the nib would be from the Pilot Plumix.

brunico
May 4th, 2015, 04:45 PM
how different the nib would be from the Pilot Plumix

The CM nib is the same as the Plumix M, which is almost certainly what you have. You can also find Plumixes in EF, F, B and BB, but you'll have to search high and low (German Ebay for me, probably not so cost-effective for you).

I'm also a big Prera fan. The only problem with them is deciding on the next colour...

Lady Onogaro
May 4th, 2015, 08:54 PM
how different the nib would be from the Pilot Plumix

The CM nib is the same as the Plumix M, which is almost certainly what you have. You can also find Plumixes in EF, F, B and BB, but you'll have to search high and low (German Ebay for me, probably not so cost-effective for you).

Thanks, Brunico. Does this mean there is a F and EF calligraphy nib? Those would be interesting (but you are right, they would not be cost-effective).

caribbean_skye
May 4th, 2015, 09:03 PM
You can also find Plumixes in EF, F, B and BB, but you'll have to search high and low (German Ebay for me, probably not so cost-effective for you).

Aww man, why did you have to say that, now I need to find a B one

brunico
May 4th, 2015, 11:14 PM
Yes, they're all italic. The EF is quite narrow, so the effect isn't as pronounced, obviously. I'd say that the B is fractionally wider than the Lamy 1.1 and the BB is roughly as wide as the 1.5.

akapulko2020
May 5th, 2015, 01:41 AM
Where would be a good online place to purchase a Prera, by the way?

TSherbs
May 5th, 2015, 05:21 PM

cool, how do these write for you?

migo984
May 5th, 2015, 06:59 PM

cool, how do these write for you?

I won't ink these till I get back to the UK. I definitely want to put Yama Budo in the burgundy one & that's in my ink cupboard at home

Crazyorange
May 6th, 2015, 07:55 AM

I got mine from jetpens.com. Be warned....that site has tons of cool stuff.

akapulko2020
May 6th, 2015, 08:30 AM

I got mine from jetpens.com. Be warned....that site has tons of cool stuff.
Too much of it! I am waiting for an order to arrive from them , so will try and exercise some sort of patience,or discipline.. or something. [emoji12]