PDA

View Full Version : Ink Review: Diamine Bilberry

Chrissy
May 3rd, 2015, 11:20 AM
I have decided to review some of my inks. These aren't necessarily in any particular order.

This one is Diamine Bilberry. This is a very popular colour and is a nicely saturated, purply blue ink, but the flow can be a little wet in some pens. I have never had a problem with lubrication for this ink.

I started off my review with my new Parker Duofold M nib, but found it was too wet in that pen, so I filled my Lamy Nexx M with it instead. It's interesting to see how differently it behaves in 2 pens. The Duofold is a new pen to me, so I really wanted to try it out. As it's pearl and black I cleaned it out and refilled it with Mystery Ink 7 instead. :)

Water test on the review form shows this isn't a waterproof ink. In fact 2 drops of water almost completely washed it away.

Bearing in mind the paper I use is very smooth, and the nib was a medium, this ink took 16-18 secs to dry. It doesn't smear when dry though.

It flows wet, and lubricates the nib well.

It is currently available in 80ml glass bottles or 30ml plastic refill bottles.

Diamine (http://www.diamineinks.co.uk/) sell it directly to end-users on their web-site.

It's a reasonable price

sgtstretch
May 3rd, 2015, 12:38 PM
This is one of my favorite purple inks!

tandaina
May 3rd, 2015, 03:16 PM
Yup, this is one of my favorites as well. :)

rdcalhoon
May 3rd, 2015, 03:20 PM
Funny, I was just about to write that this is one of my favorite blue inks. There are names for blue-green. Why no name for blue-purple other than burple?

Chrissy
May 3rd, 2015, 03:26 PM
I prefer blurple :)