PDA

View Full Version : Renaissance Art Leather

Curtisvan
May 6th, 2015, 02:35 AM
I am very sad to write this post. I've ordered from RA for years. Their work is amazing and until now very timely and courteous. I order a journal on Feb. 17. A 5x7 journal with a snap flap closure. They make this closure in a 4x6 and an a5 so I knew it would take a couple of weeks. I learned there was a health problem with s family member that caused s delay and that's understandable. I waited a couple of weeks and asked for an ETA for my journal I was told my insert was ready and the next week my cover would be made. That's been over a month ago. At 67 days I emailed and asked if I would ever get my journal. Arthur replied if he couldn't get to it over the weekend he'd cancel my order. That was ten days ago and my emails are no longer answered. I have not received a refund that I paid. I'm puzzled by the treatment I'm receiving. I've loved their work, ordered about a dozen items and given them great feedback on FPG and other sites.
I can no longer reccomend them.

UPDATE:

I received my journal today 5/9/2015. Even though I still do not know why my emails were ignored or why it took the unusual length of time, it is a beautiful piece of work. Arthur and his staff do some of the best leather work I've ever seen. I've thought about it a lot and realize there must have been many factors that caused the problem. I will continue to reccomend then.

Jon Szanto
May 6th, 2015, 02:57 AM
And yet, with all that track record, and with the indications you've gotten, it must be something significant.

Small, entrepreneurial enterprises have such great pluses and minuses. We love their less-formal contact with us, the feeling that we 'know' them, and we like the quick response and give-and-take of the ordering and delivery of items. Being honest, we know it is because they are small, and we are dealing with individuals. Now, it sounds like one or more of those individuals is being hammered with life, and there isn't really anyone to take up the slack. It may suck, but it comes closer to real life than any order from Amazon.com.

Hang in there. Wait a bit for your object, and don't hit them too hard publicly. I hope you get something soon, and then you might also know more about what they have, and are, going through, and can better know whether future orders make sense for others.

kbrede
May 6th, 2015, 07:41 AM
They recently had a promotion of a free passport for the cost of shipping. Maybe they're swamped?
Kent

Lady Onogaro
May 6th, 2015, 10:48 AM
Oh, no. I ordered one of those.

Curtisvan
May 6th, 2015, 11:42 AM
They just started a new sale this week. It's been 78 days since I ordered. The most troubling part is they don't answer any of my emails now. I just posted this as a last resort. I like Arthur. I love his work. There's just no excuse for this. Two weeks ago he did reply and told me if he didn't get to my cover that weekend he'd cancel my order the following week. Ok that's two weeks. No emails since. No response to mine. No refund. Wher s my money?

Curtisvan
May 6th, 2015, 11:44 AM
And yet, with all that track record, and with the indications you've gotten, it must be something significant.

Small, entrepreneurial enterprises have such great pluses and minuses. We love their less-formal contact with us, the feeling that we 'know' them, and we like the quick response and give-and-take of the ordering and delivery of items. Being honest, we know it is because they are small, and we are dealing with individuals. Now, it sounds like one or more of those individuals is being hammered with life, and there isn't really anyone to take up the slack. It may suck, but it comes closer to real life than any order from Amazon.com.

Hang in there. Wait a bit for your object, and don't hit them too hard publicly. I hope you get something soon, and then you might also know more about what they have, and are, going through, and can better know whether future orders make sense for others.

I totally understand John. I've purchased about a dozen items and love the quality. I've recommended them here and elsewhere. But eleven weeks and one day is patient enough. Especially since they're doing another special sale now.

Jon Szanto
May 6th, 2015, 12:35 PM
I totally understand John. I've purchased about a dozen items and love the quality. I've recommended them here and elsewhere. But eleven weeks and one day is patient enough. Especially since they're doing another special sale now.

Yeah, and it's obvious you aren't just loyal but patient as well. Man, I hope it works out, and sorry that this has occurred. Best of luck.

Curtisvan
May 6th, 2015, 01:02 PM
Thanks John. It was really hard to even pen the post. I've talked to Arthur in the past and watched his videos and genuinely like him a lot. His work is amazing. I even emailed and asked if I'd offended them and got no answer. I just need a journal and need my money back to buy one.