PDA

View Full Version : Standardgraph - Reed Green

Uncle Bud
May 8th, 2015, 02:41 PM
Firstly, I must thank migo984 for the recommendation of this brand of ink, and I'm glad they did. This has soared up my 'I love green' awards. It is just a really beautiful colour, and unfortunately the picture doesn't do it justice. I've got it as close as I can though. This rivals what I've seen of R&K Alt Goldgrun, it's that nice.

Quite a wet ink

No hard starts or skips

No Feathering

No bleed/showthrough

No Smearing or spread

Seriously well behaved

Just a really, really nice colour

I am really glad I was recommended this brand, I had never heard of it before, and would have totally overlooked it. Since my favorite colour group is green, I chose Reed Green as my first purchase. This is a very well behaved ink, is is a wet ink with very good flow. There has been no hard starts or skips of any kind, and it does not feather, spread, smear, showthrough or bleedthrough on any of the papers I have used it on. The shading just has to be seen, its awesome. All I can say about the colour is it is very, very nice, its a relaxing colour, and watching it shade just puts you in a trance.

The ink does show some water resistance as can be seen, however it is super easy to clean out of your pen, I've never understood how that can be, but it is. If you don't like olivey greens, then this isn't for you, but if you like the likes of R&K Alt Goldgrun I would suggest you give it consideration, it's just lovely colour.

Hope you enjoyed the review.

Cheers,

Bud.

migo984
May 8th, 2015, 03:41 PM
I'm glad you like this ink brand :) It's one of my favourites & is often overlooked. I often recommend it as an alternative to the usual brands. Reed Green is one of their best I think. It has clarity & is a nice "clean" colour somehow. These inks are "simple" & easy to maintain and I'd use them in any pen.
Not all their colours are as good, but most are.

reprieve
May 9th, 2015, 08:18 AM
I've seen Standardgraph inks mentioned before, but I've not run across them at any of my usual online retailers. Do you know where they can be purchased?

Uncle Bud
May 9th, 2015, 10:35 AM
I've seen Standardgraph inks mentioned before, but I've not run across them at any of my usual online retailers. Do you know where they can be purchased?

I got mine from eBay seller Seitz-Kreuznach. They are currently £5.65 per 30ml bottle with free p&p, mine arrived within 2 days, all the colours I bought are really nice. Cheers, Bud.

migo984
May 9th, 2015, 02:34 PM

I got mine from eBay seller Seitz-Kreuznach. They are currently £5.65 per 30ml bottle with free p&p, mine arrived within 2 days, all the colours I bought are really nice. Cheers, Bud.

That's where I've always bought mine. A very good seller. Has some good deals on Kaweco too, occasionally. They sell their own brand ink too (Seitz-Kreuznach, obviously) but IMO it's not as good as Standardgraph.

I'm not sure who actually makes Standardgraph ink; I'm pretty sure they don't manufacture it themselves. But then, very very few of the ink brands are made by the companies that have their labels on the bottle.