PDA

View Full Version : Are you still Happy with your Delta Fusion 82?

fpnovice
May 12th, 2015, 07:06 PM
I have been using my Delta 82 with a medium nib for about two months. I love the classic style and size of the pen. The nib writes smooth and is very attractive, but I have been equally frustrated with its overall performance. For some reason the pen continually burps ink!! I use the pen with the threaded converter, so I know it's not a side effect of being an "eyedropper." I've never been able to write more than a paragraph before the paper is ruined with a blob of ink. I have experimented with most ink brands but the issue remains. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?

Silverbreeze
May 13th, 2015, 12:31 PM
I have been using my Delta 82 with a medium nib for about two months. I love the classic style and size of the pen. The nib writes smooth and is very attractive, but I have been equally frustrated with its overall performance. For some reason the pen continually burps ink!! I use the pen with the converter, so I know it's not a side effect of being an "eyedropper." I've never been able to write more than a paragraph before the paper is ruined with a blob of ink. I have experimented with most ink brands but the issue remains. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?

Do you know anyone who can check the nib to feed alignment (or feel comfortable checking yourself)

Also as odd as it sounds try it with a different ink

Sounds like you are got unplanned air flow to me

fpnovice
May 14th, 2015, 03:15 PM
Unfortunately for me, I'm not familiar with anyone in my area to take the pen for a hands-on diagnosis.

I have tried several ink brands in my Delta and the results have been the same.

I'm interested in the idea of unplanned ink flow, but I am not sure how or where the problem could be. I use the threaded converter that Delta supplied with the pen and it seems to provide a snug fit. There doesn't appear to be any ink behind the piston head of the converter either so I don't think air is building up within the converter itself. I could see this as a more viable option if I was using it as an eyedropper, but otherwise… I'm stumped.

ChrisC
May 16th, 2015, 09:29 PM
The nib and feed might not be pressed far into the nib unit enough. You might need someone who has one of these pens to know for sure, though. Don't go jamming things in willy-nilly.

fpnovice
May 19th, 2015, 03:52 PM
I'm having to send it off to the parent company YAFA for repair. I'll let you know what they say.

earthdawn
May 19th, 2015, 05:00 PM
I'm having to send it off to the parent company YAFA for repair. I'll let you know what they say.

I had to send mine off to them a couple of years ago and they were great. Turn around time was fast and free.

I'm looking forward to your update and hear how they are now.

youstruckgold
May 20th, 2015, 06:21 AM
Sorry; had no problems with mine at all.