PDA

View Full Version : 1.5 Italic

Laurie
May 15th, 2015, 05:10 AM
Just received a Lamy 1.5 italic nib. I a a newbie and just got back into fountain pens and my first impression was that I preferred broad nibs. Then tried a fine (Sheaffer Targa) and liked that as it made my writing a lot better. Just tried the 1.5 italic and just love it. Just flows with natural variations. Wow. Now I have a variety of pens and nibs and I like all of them. Have to try and decide what type of writing I am doing suits which nib and pen. Very confusing for a newbie. My first thought is that writing on Xmas cards and signing business letters would be good with the 1.5 italic. Have to think about the other nibs I have and as to when to use them. I have a medium nib on my Paltinum 3776 and a mixture of Medium, Broad with my Jinhaos X 450s. I am waiting for a 1.1. Goulet No. 6 nib for the Jinhaos and interesting to see how they write. The different nibs are so interesting.

Crazyorange
May 15th, 2015, 07:56 AM
The best part of fountain pen...the diversity of nibs. Some many nibs so little time. ;)

ac12
May 20th, 2015, 10:40 PM
I used the 1.1 for Christmas cards.
I find the 1.5 just a little too wide. But if you have the room to write larger, it will look good.
For normal cursive writing use 1.1 is about my limit.