PDA

View Full Version : Nearly Complete Set - Lamy Al-Star

Uncle Bud
May 15th, 2015, 10:37 AM
This, I believe is an ever so nearly complete set of Lamy Al-Stars, complete in a Lamy case. I don't know why I even started collecting these, they are never used, and just sit in the case, although I do open it frequently for a wee look. If anyone knows where I could get the missing one, or any other ones that are missing that I don't know about, at a reasonable price (it's crazy the price some of these go for), I would be really interested to know. Anyway...... here they are. Hope you like them. :thumb:

Laura N
May 15th, 2015, 11:38 AM
Ah, I'm no expert, but looking at mine and comparing I think you are missing the two silver green ones? One with aluminium clip and one with a black clip.

gregamckinney
May 15th, 2015, 12:17 PM
BEAUTIFUL!

The question though is, THE CASE, THE CASE, where did you get THE CASE??!?!

Best Regards, greg

migo984
May 15th, 2015, 12:40 PM
Which one is missing, Uncle Bud? Murfie is selling his Al-Star collection and he might have what you're looking for, but as I haven't a clue about these pens you'd have to check with him.

Uncle Bud
May 15th, 2015, 01:16 PM
Which one is missing, Uncle Bud? Murfie is selling his Al-Star collection and he might have what you're looking for, but as I haven't a clue about these pens you'd have to check with him.

Hi Migo,

That was clever of me..... Not! Ask people to help me out and not tell them what. Thanks to Laura, I now know there are 2 missing (Thanks Laura). The ones I don't have are both Silver/Green, one with silver clip and one with black clip. Do you think Murfie would mind me PM him. Perhaps he might chip in on this thread.

Cheers,

Bud.

migo984
May 15th, 2015, 01:31 PM

Hi Migo,

That was clever of me..... Not! Ask people to help me out and not tell them what. Thanks to Laura, I now know there are 2 missing (Thanks Laura). The ones I don't have are both Silver/Green, one with silver clip and one with black clip. Do you think Murfie would mind me PM him. Perhaps he might chip in on this thread.

Cheers,

Bud.

He has a silver green for sale (with silver clip I think). Please do PM him. It's 5.30am here so he might take a while to reply (zzzzzzzzzzz lol). I've got usual insomnia :-(

ps here's link to his FP sale page. Click on the pen(s) you want to look at to go to photos etc
http://mbm47.net/sale_list.php

Edit: here's link to main page with ordering & shipping info. Prices include shipping from Aus to UK.
http://mbm47.net/sale.php?tab=0

Uncle Bud
May 15th, 2015, 02:05 PM
B

Hi Migo,

Cheers,

Bud.

He has a silver green for sale (with silver clip I think). Please do PM him. It's 5.30am here so he might take a while to reply (zzzzzzzzzzz lol). I've got usual insomnia :-(

ps here's link to his FP sale page. Click on the pen(s) you want to look at to go to photos etc

Edit: here's link to main page with ordering & shipping info. Prices include shipping from Aus to UK.

Hi Migo,

Had a look at the pens, the silver green one has the barrel from the rollerball not the fountain pen. I'd rather hang out for the original barrel. What a bummer! Thanks for the info though, it was good of you.

Cheers,

Bud.

Crazyorange
May 15th, 2015, 02:48 PM
Doesn't lamy make great colored fountain pens? It's like a box of jewels. Thanks for sharing.

southpaw52
May 15th, 2015, 02:56 PM
Thanks for sharing.

migo984
May 15th, 2015, 03:18 PM
B

Hi Migo,

Cheers,

Bud.

Hi Migo,

Had a look at the pens, the silver green one has the barrel from the rollerball not the fountain pen. I'd rather hang out for the original barrel. What a bummer! Thanks for the info though, it was good of you.

Cheers,

Bud.

No problem, Bud. Quite understand :)

Bogon07
May 15th, 2015, 07:36 PM
Nice set, the Lamy case goes well with them.

http://kmpn.blogspot.com.au/2011/03/lamy-al-star-collection.html (http://kmpn.blogspot.com.au/2011/03/lamy-al-star-collection.html)

KMPN has a complete set of Al-Stars and a reference of their production dates.
Including a Silver special editon with signature of Bastian Schweinsteiger.

I recall seeing mentions of a dark(?) blue special for a Japanese Stationery Shop on FPN but have never seen photos of it.

The Black Purple is know as the Shiraz in Australia.
The light Silverblue could also appear lilac or dark silver depending on the lighting conditions.

Uncle Bud
May 16th, 2015, 06:33 AM
BEAUTIFUL!

The question though is, THE CASE, THE CASE, where did you get THE CASE??!?!

Best Regards, greg

Hi Greg,

OK, the case. There used to be a small local stationers near where I live. It was owned by an old guy called Steven. I used to pop in on a semi regular basis maybe every couple of months. I knew he was nearing his retirement, but didn't know the exact date. I went to the shop one day to find shopfitters gutting the place and throwing all the rubbish into two skips outside the shop. You can tell where this is going, right?

On top of one of the skips was the case, opended and quite dirty, but, I did see the Lamy logo on it. I contacted Steven cause I didn't just want to take it. He said everything in the skips was being dumped, and if there was anything there to help myself. So, I took the case (cost me £0.00), cleaned it up as you see it now, and bought Steven a bottle of his favorite malt, as a small 'Thank You'. When I spoke to him about it, apparently it was left in his shop about 10-15 years previously. It was a samples case used by Lamy Salespeople when they visited retailors. This salesman just left the case, and never returned to collect it.

I have never seen another in any shops, websites or the few shows I've attended. I don't know what it's worth, but I thought it would make a good display stand for the Al-Stars I had.

Cheers,

Bud.

Uncle Bud
May 16th, 2015, 06:41 AM
I am now one pen closer to a full collection, thanks to Lady Onogaro, who gave me an ebay link to a silver/green black clip pen from a German seller, and it was only £8 more than they go for new in Scotland.

So, special thanks to Lady Onogaro for the link, and to Laura N and Bogon07 for letting me know the ones I'm missing, and for loads of advice.

Cheers,

Bud.

gregamckinney
May 16th, 2015, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the sad, familiar tale Bud. :)

greg

Uncle Bud
May 17th, 2015, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the sad, familiar tale Bud. :)

greg

It's amazing what people just throw in the trash. One mans trash, is another mans gold! Never was that quote more true.