PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Meeting

Laura N
May 16th, 2015, 10:40 AM
Hi guys. Roger just emailed me that the Hillside group is meeting tomorrow, May 17, at 2PM at the Hillside Community Center, 1 N. Lind Street.

Is anyone interested who can go?

-Laura

Hawk
May 16th, 2015, 11:36 AM
I doubt Sharon and I will make it. We probably won't get out of Bloomington until noon, darn. It will be cutting time rather short.

Roger W.
May 16th, 2015, 07:52 PM
We'll be there until 4 is that helps. Don is bringing three cases of Parker jotters - quite the variety.

Roger W.

Hawk
May 16th, 2015, 09:18 PM
If you're going to be there until 4, we could do a little more windshield time and get up there. I can check back on the forum tomorrow to see what's happening.

lowjax
May 17th, 2015, 06:38 AM
Hmm, I could almost make it today. The only issue is that I just spend 3 hours driving up to Anderson Pens and back yesterday and I'm not sure my wife would go for another day of road-tripping just for pens. Probably won't work this time, but maybe next time.

Hope you all have fun. Post some pictures!

Laura N
May 17th, 2015, 08:30 AM
I'm not sure I can be there either. I'll play it by ear and see how I feel after Pitch Perfect 2. :)

I'm told Don is bringing three cases of Jotters, so that would be cool to see.

Maybe we can plan something in June? I'll also ask if the Hillside group is meeting in June.

lowjax
May 18th, 2015, 06:38 PM
So... any pictures? Did anyone have fun?

Laura N
May 18th, 2015, 07:27 PM
I couldn't go. We didn't get home from the movie till 1:30. :(

Roger said it was great, with 12 people there. They are skipping June, due to Father's Day, so their next meeting is July 19. I'm going to try to go to that. Maybe our little group can get together in June, too?

lowjax
May 19th, 2015, 06:20 AM
June is pretty busy with us with school ending, a camping trip, and Father's Day. But if you do schedule something, I'll see if it fits into my schedule. It would be fun to get together again.

SteveE
May 19th, 2015, 06:31 AM
Hmmm. . . the July meeting might work for me. I won't know until closer to the date, though.

As for June, some weekends will work but I won't know which ones until I find out when my grandson decides to be born out East.

I might also be up for a run up to Daly's in Milwaukee in July. Have to wait a bit to know.

Laura N
May 19th, 2015, 07:00 AM
Hmmm. . . the July meeting might work for me. I won't know until closer to the date, though.

As for June, some weekends will work but I won't know which ones until I find out when my grandson decides to be born out East.

I might also be up for a run up to Daly's in Milwaukee in July. Have to wait a bit to know.

I'd definitely be up for Milwaukee, too. And Steve, I bet you know some good restaurants. :)

TerraNoir
May 19th, 2015, 07:15 AM
Well I know that I will be making an excursion to Milwaukee later in June actually. But I could be open for a June meeting. I didn't make it to the meeting and I usually go. Just lots of things fell on my plate all at once.

SteveE
May 21st, 2015, 06:15 AM
For me, July is much more likely to work. We are expecting our first grandchild in June, and they live in Massachusetts - which means an unscheduled trip out of town at some point. My wife may be spending some time with our daughter after the baby is born, which might make July a lot more flexible for me (I have to come back for work).