PDA

View Full Version : Eighty Pages: Made in New York City Pocket Notebooks: Volume 7 Now Available

EightyPages
May 18th, 2015, 10:39 PM
Hi there fpgeeks forum,

Many of you probably know us from our review and Kickstarter project several months ago. We just released a new fountain pen friendly pocket notebook. Limited to just 50 pieces, we're sure you'll enjoy the paper in this handmade notebook.

Check out our webshop here (http://www.eightypages.com/shop) and use coupon code "MAYDAY" at checkout to get 15% off your entire order through May.

Let us know what you think!

earthdawn
May 26th, 2015, 02:02 AM
Ill report back on this... I ordered one over the weekend and am anxious to try it out!

They are only about 30 miles from me so hopefully the USPS won't take a week lol.

Crazyorange
May 26th, 2015, 05:39 AM
Ill report back on this... I ordered one over the weekend and am anxious to try it out!

They are only about 30 miles from me so hopefully the USPS won't take a week lol.

Please do. I almost bought one too.......but backed off at the thought crappy paper.

earthdawn
May 27th, 2015, 10:43 PM
OK so it came today and I have to say it's pretty dang good.

Nice cover that at first I thought was plastic coated but it is just really nice card stock. Deep blue with orange stitching.. nice combo. Paper is very smooth and not to absorbent but not to glossy either. The inks look nice and vibrant and NO FEATHERING... well done guys. Slight bleed through on the stubs that are very wet. I forgot to write what ink but they are all either Bung-Box or or sailor and we all know these inks are very saturated. So I defiantly pushed this paper. Normal journaling with a f-m nib and this will hold up very well and I bet you could write on both sides of a sheet.

AND there was no bleed though on to the next page. So it is really just classified as ghosting on the page.

What is the only thing I would like to see from this? Dots, just cause I love dots.

Now I got #45 of 50 so if they are going up instead of down there are only a few left at this point.

I will give this a thumbs up without question. You can see in the pics that the paper takes ink well, leaves some shading and is well made. Dry time was good too.