PDA

View Full Version : Lifetime Pen Collection is now live in an online auction

ByceAUCTION
May 19th, 2015, 10:22 AM
Hello! We have just launched an online auction containing a huge pen collection - 170+ Lots. I have never seen so many pens in all my life. Some of the pen makers include: Parker, MontBlanc, Sheaffer, Eversharp, Eclipse, Waterman's, Cross, Dunhill, Aurora, Pelikan, Conklin, Majestic, Astor, Wearever & More.

The parker collection is extensive. We have vacumatics, duofolds...including special editions still in their boxes, blue diamond, 51's. The sheaffer collection is also extensive.
We have solid gold pens, sterling, gold filled. Plus, we have vintage pen advertising cut sheets & beautiful wooden pen storage boxes.

To Register & Bid go to www.byceonline.com

We do have shipping available. See terms on auction page for more information.

KBeezie
May 19th, 2015, 11:14 AM
Now I know what Auction site NOT to go to for spamming.

ByceAUCTION
May 19th, 2015, 11:23 AM
If this is the incorrect forum to post in for a pen collection for sale, I apologize. I did not see anything that said that auctions were not allowed here.

KBeezie
May 19th, 2015, 01:44 PM
If this is the incorrect forum to post in for a pen collection for sale, I apologize. I did not see anything that said that auctions were not allowed here.

The sales are to be done in the threads , not linked off to a website like ebay.

Jon Szanto
May 19th, 2015, 01:59 PM
Hey, the person even introduced themself in the Welcome area. I'm not so sure *one* announcement of a pen auction is enough to get our collective panties in a bunch. If there is some stipulated rule that has been broken, please advise.

ByceAUCTION
May 19th, 2015, 02:09 PM
Thanks. :) I am actually a girl...and slightly disappointed that I have not seen a Parker pen in purple, but that is probably for another thread. I have spent a lot of time identifying, describing and photographing all of the pens. It is part of an estate from a gentleman who was a great pen collector. I am just trying to find good homes for them. If the thread needs removed, then so be it.

earthdawn
May 19th, 2015, 02:19 PM
Thanks. :) I am actually a girl...and slightly disappointed that I have not seen a Parker pen in purple, but that is probably for another thread. I have spent a lot of time identifying, describing and photographing all of the pens. It is part of an estate from a gentleman who was a great pen collector. I am just trying to find good homes for them. If the thread needs removed, then so be it.

We get jumpy sometimes... its ok lol

I just looked through the auction and there are some very nice pens indeed.

I just answered my own question while reading the original post....

Cob
May 19th, 2015, 02:19 PM
I'm with Jon on this one; I see no harm at all and there are some very fancy Parkers there for those that like 'em.

Me? I'm sulking - no Mabie Todds!

Cob

Jon Szanto
May 19th, 2015, 02:20 PM

Ha! You made me go back and look - at least I didn't overlook it! Anyway, I've neutralized the gender in your honor. We had some 'stuff' go down a while back, and I'm not even sure if we have a moderator, so some of us keep an eye out for oddball postings. I'm certain Karl was just trying to keep a tidy house, and we *have* had our share of spammers.

Good luck with the auction, I'll take a look later tonight.

tandaina
May 19th, 2015, 02:32 PM
I do not believe FPGeeks has any rules against linking to outside auctions. We're just not that uptight. But we get enough spam to get a little jumpy. ;)

Jon Szanto
May 19th, 2015, 02:44 PM
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/022014/1391975248_cat_jumping_off_table_fail.gif

ByceAUCTION
May 19th, 2015, 02:44 PM
Definitely understandable watching for spam. I get plenty of it in my email everyday...

Thanks for the warm welcome. :wave: I have gotten quite an education on pens in the last 2 weeks.

mhosea
May 19th, 2015, 04:10 PM
Nice collection of modern and vintage pens. Great pictures, too. It will take some time just to go through all the listings. It's good to know that there's the option of having small items like pens shipped.

Mags
May 20th, 2015, 07:15 AM
How much

Mags
May 20th, 2015, 07:16 AM
Whoops, how much is shipping to Canada please let me know....thank you.

ByceAUCTION
May 20th, 2015, 07:53 AM
Hi Mags,

There is a $10 pack fee plus whatever actual international shipping with insurance would cost you. We also only ship to actual billing address connected to credit card on file. :)

kaisnowbird
May 20th, 2015, 09:05 AM
How much for shipping to Australia, please?

ByceAUCTION
May 20th, 2015, 09:51 AM
How much for shipping to Australia, please?

Hello kaisnowbird,

6. SHIPPING ON PENS & SMALL ITEMS: Items will be charged a "pack and coordination fee", generally $10 per box and/or consignor. Shipping will be charged at actual, insured Shipping costs and the carrier is at the sole discretion of the auction company. We do not ship to PO Boxes nor will we ship to a third party address. Item must be shipped to the billing address of credit card on file. Our sales are FOB Our Gallery, which means that ownership transfers at the time of sale and the buyer is responsible for any freight claims. As a condition of bidding, buyers accept these shipment terms and authorize a charge to their credit card on file in accordance with the fees described above.

These are the actual terms for our shipping policy. As far as international shipping...we only charge actual cost. That can vary depending on how much you are purchasing, box size, etc. Hope that helps :)

tandaina
May 20th, 2015, 11:18 AM
For international folks, I assume she's using USPS so you can go to USPS.com and there is an international shipping calculator that will tell you how much it'll cost to ship. Flat rate is the easiest to figure, but the non-flat rate can be a little cheaper but at least it will give you a ballpark.